SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Apple TV+ - Anything particularly good to watch?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple TV+ - Anything particularly good to watch? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Looks like we have this service for free. I am not familiar with anything on it other than that Greyhound movie. Anything else on it that is unique to this service and worth watching?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed Ewan Mcreggor's Long Way Around/Down/Up series. He and a friend ride motorcycles on ridiculously long trips.

I just finished the Jason Mamoa series "See". I liked it.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
We are really enjoying Tehran.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Defending Jacob with Chris Evans. It's a dramatic legal thriller based on a great book. Their flagship show they launched the service with, The Morning Show, didn't look like my cup of tea but I watched it with the girl and ended up really enjoying it. Steve Carell, Jennifer Aniston, and Reese Witherspoon all delivered as expected, but the huge ensemble of lesser know actors playing all the roles of the staff of the big morning show they all work on in the show really did a great job.

I love Mythic Quest. It's silly as shit but it follows a fictional video game studio as they release an expansion to their best selling online game (think World of Warcraft), and all the insane personalities trying to work together to get it done. It’s from some of the people behind It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swampdog,

Posts: 587 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moose201
posted Hide Post
Yes, Tehran.

Posts: 264 | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Highly recommend Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest. The Morning Show was also pretty well done.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed 'Hunters'. About some Nazi hunters in New York, all with different skills, tracking down Nazi's. A lot of twists and turns.

Opps..check that, I think it's an Amazon Prime program.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The Morning Show was terrific, I thought. Jennifer Anniston (*sigh*), Reese Witherspoon, Steve Carell. I had to restrain myself from binging on it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I recently noticed that we have it for free too. I thought Deutschland 83 was interesting, especially since I lived in West Germany in the late 70s and early 80s. Tehran is pretty good so far

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Tehran. If you've seen and liked Fauda on Netflix, you'll love Tehran!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Tehran. I watched the final episode of Season 1 last night. Wow!!! What an ending! I was totally blindsided by that plot twist!

I hope they do a Season 2.

It's just totally refreshing seeing an interesting story idea that hollyweird doesn't trash out.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Tehran is dragging out for us... We loved Ted Lasso and thought Greyhound was excellent. Servant is worth a watch as is Defending Jacob, although we both started running out of steam on them towards the end.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ted Lasso

I got Apple TV for free when I got my phone a little over a year ago, and Ted Lasso is the only show I've found worth watching on the platform so far.

Apple does a really bad job of laying things out. Its hard to tell what's included and what for rent/purchase. I recently got an email from them saying they are giving me another 3-4 months free. I assume its because no one is watching and they are desperate.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
I really enjoyed Ewan Mcreggor's Long Way Around/Down/Up series. He and a friend ride motorcycles on ridiculously long trips.

I watched those back when they were on Netflix years ago. Good stuff, especially if you like travel shows/documentaries.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed The Morning Show as well as For All Mankind. It's an alternate take on the space program, and some say it was "woke" but I enjoyed it.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Big thumbs up for Ted Lasso here.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished binging Ted Lasso last night and highly recommend it.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Ted Lasso. Its excellent.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Trying to watch The Morning Show but it sure is moving slow.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pushed-off Ted Lasso when it debuted. I chalked it up as another 'make fun of Americans with accents and folksy mannerisms' show, but instead, lets emphasize the ridiculousness against the UK.
Nope, not really, watched it at the end of the year. Actually, an enjoyable show.

Think Major League-in-soccer with a bit more depth, and throw in some USA optimism in the face of UK pessimism. Now, my next trip to London, I wanna check out Richmond and relax on Richmond Green.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post