SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bucket List Concert
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bucket List Concert Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So spur of the moment got invited by some friends to a concert on Friday night. The lineup is Jamey Johnson, The Outlaws, Bad Company and Lynyrd Skynyrd. So yes, I get to fulfill a bucket list item, standing in a concert, raising a lighter in the air and yelling out,

FREEBIRD!

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71: I get to fulfill a bucket list item, standing in a concert, raising a lighter in the air and yelling out,

FREEBIRD!

Been awhile, hasn’t it. They use cell phones now Big Grin

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71: I get to fulfill a bucket list item, standing in a concert, raising a lighter in the air and yelling out,

FREEBIRD!

I'm going old school!

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Harry Chapin
Joni Mitchell
Linda Rondstadt

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Yes, great concert tonight! If you have a chance to see Lynyrd Skynyrd on their farewell tour this summer, I highly suggest it. They still put on a great show. One of those rare concerts where everyone knows the music. Sound quality tonight was fantastic, especially for an outdoor venue. An extended version of Freebird was done as their encore and it was epic.

Ans yes, for the first time in my life I got to raise a lighter in the air and yell out, "Freebird!" and it was totally appropriate. Unlike when my daughter did it in a grade school recital...

If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Last time I yelled Freebird, the band threw a spotlight on me and asked "what asshole yells Freebird at 9:30?"

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My one bucket list concert is Electric Light Orchestra and low and behold, Jeff Lynne decided to tour the US this year, first time in decades (aside from the odd special concert). I bought tickets for me, wife and son (who also is a huge fan). Cost a pretty penny, but ELO is the only senior citizen concert I want to see.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Sounds strange, but I'm not a fan of live music. And I hate crowds. So there's no one I'd like to see. Frown
But I passed up seeing both Don Williams and Johnny Cash (at no expense) and I sort of regret it.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I had my bucket list in the summer 1990.

Crosby Stills and Nash opened for the Greatful Dead Bruce Hornsby played keyboard for the Dead.

Joe Cocker open for Stevie Ray Vaughn

Eric Clapton

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I just wanna see Knopfler and Alison Krauss. Most of the rest of my bucket list shows have been crossed off.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I saw them a few years back at Carolina Rebellion. It was a great show!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
I just wanna see Knopfler and Alison Krauss. Most of the rest of my bucket list shows have been crossed off.

I've seen Krauss a couple times,
she does not disappoint, excellent shows,

I have a couple of bucket list concerts, but since Strummer is dead,, and Cornwell left the Stranglers,, ain't gonna happen

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Gilmour

McCartney

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Gilmour

No question. I'm still kicking myself for missing him a year or two ago.

He's one of two that I really want to see before they (or I) croak. Neil Young is the other.

Both unplugged would be even better.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the beatles , up on the roof

a concert for george

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C.c.r.
Royal Albert hall

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

FREEBIRD!

Combine the best of both eras, get an iPhone lighter app!

Link

Or maybe an iPhone Lighter case LOL!

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I want to see Iron Maiden.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m with you redstone, I want to see Iron Maiden also. My other bucket list band was Pink Floyd. I got to see them in July of ‘94 at Soldier’s Field in Chicago.

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fats Domino

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post