New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blacklist Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
There were 2 episodes this week and I thought both were good. I liked the history of Mr. Kaplan.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Starting out strong again this season!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Haven't watched them yet. I thought the last season was getting better again. I really didn't like the Redemption spin off at all. This show is nothing without Raymond.

I do wish they would just reveal who he is to Liz already though. I'd like to know more about Red's organization too

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm going to guess here but, I don't think they'll let that cat out of the bag so soon about Liz and Red's true relationship. And if they do, you can be assured the story direction would be about Liz being hunted down by all of Red's enemies.

With that said, the last two hours I thought were well done.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they'll save the mystery of Reddington's relationship with Liz for the last episode in the series. Unless, of course, they get cancelled suddenly like so many shows and don't do a Final. Think "Rubicon." They did a wrap-up that was so bad it was almost a joke.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I'm going to guess here but, I don't think they'll let that cat out of the bag so soon about Liz and Red's true relationship. And if they do, you can be assured the story direction would be about Liz being hunted down by all of Red's enemies.

With that said, the last two hours I thought were well done.

That's next episode they showed scene's where Red's enemies are coming after Liz also.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We used to never miss it. Then after about two seasons, it got so damned confusing we gave up . It didn't help that they were showing scenes jn the promos and previews that never made it to the show itself .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN THE NEW EPISODES THIS SEASON."

------

I watched both, and now I see a nice "tying up" of the storyline.

So, Liz's mom hired Kate, while doing her "Soviet spy" gig, and Red was one of her "exploits" that she got tangles up with and fell for each other, then she wades into the water and that's the end of "mom", we see Kate and Red will end up in a symbiotic relationship, Red having lost Liz's mother, will spend his life to protect Liz, and Kate is the "guardian" and help to Red's means.

So, Red and Kate both have the same goal, and because of that, they end up at odds with each other.

Tom Keen, as Red states, was used to keep tabs and protect Liz, but fell for her and her him, "violating" his duty, and as such, they end up with a child that causes both Red and Kate to revisit the original "mission" with Liz, now with Liz's child.

I like that it brought us "to the beginning", where Red turned himself in to the FBI.

That last season was losing me with all the personal relationship stuff of the other characters, Cooper, Ressler, Samir, Aram and what not, just stalled for me, but I liked the show, so I stayed with it.

I hope it does not disappoint.

Like Liz or don't, but she and Reddington are the Yin and Yang of the show, so she ain't going nowhere.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
...Like Liz or don't, but she and Reddington are the Yin and Yang of the show, so she ain't going nowhere.

We could do without so many "Never Darken My Doorstep Again" rants, but other than that, she's good as a main character.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
This season is weak. The last season with the baby was boring, and I was glad to see that whole story arc go away. Now its back.

Red not being Red, but still knowing secrets and things that only Red would know is odd. His explanation being, I know becasue I know.

The show has always been a little cheesy, the hostages or terrorists are always close to the task force office, lets not ever call local PD or more local feds, Liz and Ressler can race there in their SUV and arrive just in time, etc.

But it seems like maybe its running its course now

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
You can always tell when the writers are getting bored. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I just started watching this on NetFlix. Only about 6 episodes into the first season.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James Spader is a very underrated actor in my opinion. He fits this role perfectly. I also enjoyed his character he played in The Office.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When they killed off Tom Keen, my reaction was that they killed off the wrong Keen. They finally got it right last night, though.

My girlfriend follows the gossip, and tells me Boone wanted off the show, so I guess we both got our wishes.

Here's hoping next season gets interesting ahain.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Agreed the season ended up with some exciting episodes this year.
I was surprised by Keen last night but surprises means good writing, IMO.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
What with Reddington having a terminal illness, and Agent Keen befouled by Townsend's Capo, I can't imagine where the Blacklist story line will go....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Spoiler

As the second to last episode revealed, the entire Blacklist organization only existed to protect Liz. With her dead what's the point? The ending was lame, still nothing revealed, none of this would have happened if he just freaking told her everything. Nothing was gained by keeping all this a secret.

I think Red is her mother.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I think Red is her mother.

You may have something there, that's what my GF said when we were trying to figure out all the vatious men in her mother's life.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm all caught up now. So she was shot, but we don't have enough info to believe she was killed, do we?

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
This season is bad. Please end it now.

SPOILER

So you screwed up, came into Lizs' life, ruined everything and got her killed.

So now you are hanging out with her daughter? Knowing Liz would never want that, and you just bring the same danger to her? Stupid.

The whole murder mystery with Cooper? Stupid

Denbe in the FBI? Stupid

Its run its course. I hope this is the last season.