SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Resident Evil 2 Remake anyone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resident Evil 2 Remake anyone? Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted
Comes out next week. Just bought it on Steam and downloaded the one-shot demo. Finished the demo. No more tank controls. It's just a demo but things are a little different from what I remember from playing the original.

My 15.6" laptop screen is too small. Need to move it back near my gaming monitor. I'm liking it.

Minimum PC specs:

Official Minimum Requirements

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 or AMD FX™-6300 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 or AMD Radeon™ R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 26 GB available space

Recommended (thankfully I meet this)

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770 or AMD FX™-9590 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 480 with 3GB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 26 GB available space

ran the demo off my SSD drive. This is the only way to play games!

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Is RE2 the version that came out as RE1 on the Playstation?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No. RE2 is the sequel to RE1. RE1 on the PS was just Resident Evil... (Also known as "Biohazard" in its Japanese release.)

What Chowser is referring to is an upcoming remake of the old original RE2, which was originally released in 1998 on the PS.

I'll be picking the remake up eventually. I played the hell out of RE2 back in the day. The RE franchise kinda went off the rails after RE4, but thankfully got back on track with RE7, and all signs seem to point to the RE2 remake being great. (The RE1 remake from several years ago was outstanding too.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Your first line answered my question. Thank you. I get that it's a remaster of the older game. I was only asking because I played the first RE but none of the sequels. It would have been nice to see that one remastered.

Of course, the only game worth remastering is Diablo II. Wink

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I got really excited about this, but then I realized I was thinking about Silent Hill.

I never played the early Resident Evil games, but may have to take a look at it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I love Silent Hill games too. Pyramid Head dude always gives me the chills.

Laptop speakers and gaming monitor speakers are no good. Ordered a set of good speakers to play this game with.

All I can say is damn that Tyrant. My first instinct is to fight, but you can't against him. Just run!

The game is running RE7's game engine and it's more like a remastered remake. Not everything is the same as I remember it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post