SIGforum
A Classical Interlude

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4630096654

May 13, 2019, 09:26 PM
Jim Shugart
A Classical Interlude
The Swan from Carnival of the Animals by Camille Saint-Saëns.

Turn up the sound, tune out all of that trivial bullshit you were fretting about, and just fuckin' listen. Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/iSmxBNFnvkM

The pianist says 'Bak-jo', which means 'Swan' in Korean. (From the comments section, my Korean isn't up to speed.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
May 13, 2019, 10:45 PM
kkina
Nice, Jim.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
May 13, 2019, 11:19 PM
Sailor1911
Beautiful, thanks.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
May 13, 2019, 11:31 PM
Tooky13
Absolutely awesome!
Although I lived in S.Korea for 6 years (on business) and learned the language, I didn't quite catch the pianist's comment first time around. Caught it on the second listen.
Thanks for posting.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln
May 14, 2019, 01:00 AM
sjtill
Loved it, Jim.
"Where'd that come from?" asks Mrs. Till, violinist
"SigForum"
"Oh where all you knuckle-draggers go to get your fix of highbrow music?"
Actually I made that last part up. We did enjoy a good laugh.
BTW Jim, in searching for your previous classical interludes, I did finally find the one of Glenn Gould playing with Bernstein. Thanks for the 'tip of the hat'. Cool

May 14, 2019, 03:10 AM
f2
I always listen to these. Another great one.