SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Where is pancakes house?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is pancakes house? Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
What?

We stop at pancakes house.

What are you nuts we had pancakes for breakfast.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Well, the little guy was kinda funny-lookin'.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The true genius of the Coens with that film was the claim at the beginning that the depicted events were based upon a true story. This was a deception and an effective one. Believing that Fargo was based upon a true story enhanced the viewing experience, because the story was so lurid.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
"Reelz" cable channel is doing a piece on Fargo this Friday.

http://www.reelz.com/the-shocking-truth/

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prowler needs a jump!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Tan Ciera! Tan Ciera!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Well, the little guy was kinda funny-lookin'.

I couldn't really say... He wasn't circumcised.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Sooo... You were havin' sex with the little fella then. Right?

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Ah, hon, you got Arby's all over me.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6690 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it yesterday for the first time. Did a little Google research and learned the blonde headed killer is a European, actor, director, musician, who today is worth $215 million. Go figure !

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Saw it yesterday for the first time. Did a little Google research and learned the blonde headed killer is a European, actor, director, musician, who today is worth $215 million. Go figure !
Also one of the nihilists in The Big Lebowski, who was in the film within the film.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You should see the other guy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The funniest exchange.

Mr. Mohra: So, I'm tendin' bar there at Ecklund and Swedlin's last Tuesday, and this little guy's drinkin' and he says, "So where can a guy find some action? I'm goin' crazy out there at the lake." And I says, "What kinda action?" and he says, "Woman action, what do I look like?" And I says, "Well, what do I look like? I don't arrange that kinda thing," and he says, "But I'm goin' crazy out there at the lake," and I says, "Well, this ain't that kinda place."
Officer Olson: Uh-huh.
Mr. Mohra: So he angrily says, "Oh I get it, so you think I'm some kinda crazy jerk for askin'!" only he doesn't use the word "jerk."
Officer Olson: I understand.
Mr. Mohra: And then he calls me a jerk, and says that the last guy who thought he was a jerk is dead now. So I don't say nothin' and he says, "What do ya think about that?" So I says, "Well, that don't sound like too good a deal for him, then."
Officer Olson: [chuckles] Ya got that right.
Mr. Mohra: And he says, "Yah, that guy's dead, and I don't mean of old age." And then he just pays his tab and walks out saying, "Geez, I'm goin' crazy out there at the lake!"
Officer Olson: White Bear Lake?
Mr. Mohra: Well... Ecklund & Swedlin's, that's closer ta Moose Lake, so I made that assumption.
Officer Olson: Oh sure.
Mr. Mohra: So, ya know, he's drinkin', so I don't think a whole great deal of it, but Mrs. Mohra heard about the homicides down here last week and she thought I should call it in. So... I called it in. End o' story.
Officer Olson: What'd this guy look like, anyway?
Mr. Mohra: Oh, he was a little guy... Kinda funny lookin'.
Officer Olson: Uh-huh. In what way?
Mr. Mohra: Oh, just in a general kinda way.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
A few years ago there was another film that came out that was a cool quirky little homage to Fargo called Kumiko The Treasure Hunter. It was also loosely based on a true story.

In the film, a young unbalanced Japanese woman loses her job, watches a faded VHS copy of Fargo, and then flies to America to search for the buried money from the film because she believed the film's blurb that it was a true story. (This was based on an event that, of course, took place way before the money was discovered in the TV show.) The woman is played by Rinko Kikuchi, who was the female robot operator from Pacific Rim.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
You're darn tootin'!

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
This is Mike Yanigita.

HOW THE HECK ARE YA!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper?

One of my favorite movies of all time and I thought it was cool how the first season if the mini-series tied into the movie.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The true genius of the Coens with that film was the claim at the beginning that the depicted events were based upon a true story. This was a deception and an effective one. Believing that Fargo was based upon a true story enhanced the viewing experience, because the story was so lurid.

Agreed. I thought it was real for a couple years. Without access to the internet for many people when the movie was released I think it was much more effective than it would be today.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Ah, hon, ya got Arby's all over me.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
“Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! I’m just doing my job here.”

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6690 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post