SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Metal versions of non-metal songs
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Metal versions of non-metal songs Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
I’ve been going down the YouTube rabbit hole in regards to metal versions of decidedly no -metal songs.
Frog Leap Studios is Worth a look.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
So many covers. Serious talent.
I'm sure forum members can appreciate this one. (doesn't seem to want to embed)
https://youtu.be/1_Z5q152GSQ

Otherwise, my second choice:

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Leo is Wifey's favorite YouTube channel. She can't get enough of Frog Leap.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Even his little “commercials” at the end where he plugs his music and patreon account are replete with talent.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
Even his little “commercials” at the end where he plugs his music and patreon account are replete with talent.

Yeah, this is a good one. Although the beginning is worth a listen.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
That's some good stuff! Love his cover of "Let It Go" from the Frozen movie. Going to send it to a friend and I'm sure she'll like it.

hudr, check out Slayer's version of "In A Gadda Da Vida" (sp?) or Within Temptation's version of "Radioactive". The former is, well, Slayer doing Slayer, but the latter is really good.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've never really gotten into metal music, so don't know of too many songs, but this one came to mind.

I'm surprised that I really like the version.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy Whiskey in the jar by Metallica, grew up listening to Roger Whitaker singing it

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
hudr, check out Slayer's version of "In A Gadda Da Vida" (sp?) or Within Temptation's version of "Radioactive". The former is, well, Slayer doing Slayer, but the latter is really good.

I had to LMAO when I read this! Iron Butterfly, by name and by music, DEFINED the term, "heavy metal."

Playing "In a Gadda da Vida" as heavy metal is using circular logic!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

RABEA!!! That's a cool cat, right there! I could do without the toilet flush grunt but it's a good cover.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ryanp225,

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MH9FyLsfDzw" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Thanks for pushing me down this rabbit hole! There is some great stuff in there. This guy is awesome and as you said, very serious talent.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad Company by Five Finger Death Punch

Bad Company was rock genre... but the FFDP version is definitely 'metal-ish'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VsvZmIWxY

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I'd say FFDP version of Gone away. The Offspring arent metal, soo...

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Not quite metal.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post

--Sir Winston Churchill

--James Earl Jones

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/BO9aD4mzSE8

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post