SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    WRC coverage in the US
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WRC coverage in the US Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted
What options, if any, do I have? I really miss seeing them regularly.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I miss watching the BTCC back in the day before Speedvision was ruined.

Now they show the same 39 updates on LeBron and more shit from Draft Kings.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Motor Trend’s app hosts a wide variety of automotive sports. It’s been two years since I’ve used it, though, so I can’t remember how much was rally. It’s available wherever apps can be acquired, so if you have a Roku or Apple TV you can watch it through those. It does require a subscription.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
RedBull has a channel/station on Apple TV that shows some of the WRC.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Bumping this, for a good and reasonable(ish?) priced option.

Signed up at Rally.TV a couple weekends ago for the Monaco rally. They have an app for Firestick assume it's available on other similar access tools and maybe just any smart TV. Looking at support, looks like just Samsung TVs now, plus other devices listed here: Link to access devices.

Great coverage, you can choose from highlights or full stage coverage. Best part for a junky with new access to this is the archive of many, many prior races, seasons, highlights, etc. They also have a "Live TV" channel that is running pretty much all the time with things like (looks at what's on now) WRC Season Review 2010, followed by WRC Season Review 2011, WRC History: Greatest Cars...... you get the picture.

Also has coverage of ERC and World RX available. Cost was $15 per month or just over $100 for a year.

I like it so far.

WRC Rally Sweden starts in 12 hours, 56 minutes per their counter, looking forward to having coverage on that, one of my favorites.

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Question - why do we have to call every stage a Special Stage, and the stadium/show/short sections Super Special Stage?

Why can't every normal stage be "Stage" and the others Special Stage?

Or maybe go the other direction and every normal stage can be a Super Special Stage, and the fancy ones a Super-De-Duper Specialest Stage?

Kenya on this weekend. Loving the new app. In the long lull between races have been watching some of the old specials on drivers, seasons, etc. It's been terrific.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
What options, if any, do I have? I really miss seeing them regularly.

I used to live in Germany and the WRC coverage was amazing! They'd often have live coverage for the entirety of a given stage!

Posts: 28 | Location: PacNW | Registered: March 22, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post