SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lady Bird on NETFLIX (Not LBJ's wife)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lady Bird on NETFLIX (Not LBJ's wife) Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
I just wasted 1 Hour and 33 minutes of my life

Watching this on NETFLIX. Don't make the same

mistake I did!

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have a teenage daughter or, can recall how it was raising one, you'll get it.

Its about a teenage girl and all the trails and tribulations that teenagers go through, particularly when their relationship with their mother is one of constant confrontation and conflict.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I thought Lady Bird was a pretty good coming-of-age film. It didn't have anything radically new to say. Greta Gerwig is a capable director, but I think she excels more as an actress. Her writing and directing aren't quite up to par with her partner Noah Baumbach ... yet.

Two elements elevated this film above average for me. One is Saoirse Ronan, of course, who I think rocks everything she appears in. The other is the inspired setting of Sacramento California, Greta's old stomping grounds. That's just north of my neck of the woods. This will be the only movie in history featuring an Oscar-nominated internationally famous actress slamming U.C. Davis for being an agricultural school.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
If you have a teenage daughter or, can recall how it was raising one, you'll get it.

Its about a teenage girl and all the trails and tribulations that teenagers go through, particularly when their relationship with their mother is one of constant confrontation and conflict.

I had two teenaged Sons. Now 48 and 50.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post