SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Inglorious Bastards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inglorious Bastards Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Daniel Bruhl is also quite good in the car racing film entitled Rush, with Thor/Chris Hemsworth.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
I quote from this movie regularly and think it's a great film start to finish. I mean very little I didn't like about this film. I know different movies for different tastes but come on, a movie devoted to killing Nazi's, who doesn't enjoy that!?!

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The guy playing Hitler, screaming about Private Butz, is hilarious.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I loved it, but then again I love most Tarantino movies like Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs, etc

The basement scene had me on the edge of my seat and when that Brit agent playing a Nazi held up 3 fingers when ordering drinks and not his thumb and 2 fingers, I knew he done fucked up.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liked it very much.

Hateful 8 has grown on me...a lot. Except for the really long discourse about torturing the general's son. I skip that part.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Daniel Bruhl is also quite good in the car racing film entitled Rush, with Thor/Chris Hemsworth.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed that movie. And I immediately recognized Bruhl because of Inglorious Bastards.

In fact, Inglorious Bastards introduced me to quite a few actors that I hadn't previously took notice of. Michael Fassbender is one of them.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hugo Stiglitz was my favorite character. Every time it's on TV, I stop and see if it's either the story from Private Butz or the basement scene, particularly the conversation Hicox (Fassbender) has with Aldo & Donowitz (Eli Roth) before they enter the tavern.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It was entertaining enough for me. I know I watched the movie; just fuzzy on the details.

Something about attempting to kill a whole lot of Nazis trapped inside a movie theater, right?

I don't follow or recognize director styles except for M. Knight Boring Shamala. But I can see Inglorious Bastards sharing some common scene shots and transitions with other Tarantino films or maybe it's the lack of shadows in just about every scene.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hugo Stiglitz

Just the contemptuous way that German officer who gets a bat to the heads says the name...

posted Hide Post
quote:

He was also the main bad guy in the latest Capt. America movie. He was great in Rush, too.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hugo Stiglitz

Just the contemptuous way that German officer who gets a bat to the heads says the name...

HOO-GO SCHTEEEGLITZ

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I liked the film and we discussed it extensively here, but after Tarantino's pandering to the black people he so very much wants to be Roll Eyes , I'll probably never again watch any of his films, and I will certainly never see anything new he puts out. That's a promise. I won't ever again willingly view even one single frame of any new film of his.

If you ask me, the guy is insane. Seriously, the guy ain't right in the head. No normal person thinks the way this guy does and no normal person would fixate on pointless minutiae the way this guy does. He's functional for sure, but I do not consider him sane, and after his shameless pandering and his stupid remarks against the police who protect him, he can go fuck himself. He can die today AFAIC. It would be just fine with me.

I have mixed feelings about the film but didn't particularly enjoy it.

Everything in the rest of your post following the first comma, I completely agree with. I have thoughts that trend towards him Weinsteining Jackson, given how he's in almost every one of his films in one capacity or another. I haven't seen the movie, but I heard about the scene. I just watched on Youtube now. Sam Jackson's monologue about the forced march and rape of a white man to his father before killing him. I already didn't like Jackson, but I won't watch anything with him in it anymore. He enjoyed that little tirade.

I think Tarantino has been the frozen, naked white man in that scene probably more than a few times for real.

As for Tarantino himself, I don't really like his content and have liked it less and less as time passes. Seeing that awful scene just now, which, if the races were reversed would have garnered protests at the absolute least, seals it for me. I am just not a Tarantino fan. Too much white guilt. His dealing with Nazis on screen also screams the same feelings to me. I'm just done with what he has to say. It all feels so broken as a person and trying to appeal on a very childish, abused level. "See? I'm a good boy! I know the scary bad men hurt you and I look like the scary bad men, but I'm a good guy and I'm on your side! Please like me! Oh, please, please, please like me! I'll be an ally with you and let you say all the things you hate about the scary bad men in front of the whole world, just please rape me with your big black dick first for great justice!"

Repeating themes and all that. Now that's he's done white man raping black man and black man raping white man, what's next to push the envelope? I... dare not even guess. But the punchline will be that the white [person] dies.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I liked the film and we discussed it extensively here, but after Tarantino's pandering to the black people he so very much wants to be Roll Eyes , I'll probably never again watch any of his films, and I will certainly never see anything new he puts out. That's a promise.

Pretty much why Basterds was the last Tarantino film for me. I can forgive a liberal making entertainment, but the stupid shit that spews from his mouth is extremely off-putting.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post