SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hostiles on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hostiles on Netflix Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
I have passed up this movie several times but last night decided to watch it. The movie was not what I thought it would be. IMO worth the watch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rtquig,

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a very minor correction. It's Hostiles with an S. I thought it was an absolutely outstanding movie. Highly recommended.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
are you talking about the movie w Christian Bale in it ?

(Indian hunter)

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed it. The story line, while a little mushy, was believable and the acting was top notch.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ben Foster is good in anything I have seen him in so far and Hostiles is no exception.
Very good modern western
Another good modern NF western: Slow West.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
didn't know it was on netflix. added to my watchlist for rewatch.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
Just a very minor correction. It's Hostiles with an S. I thought it was an absolutely outstanding movie. Highly recommended.

Fixed. Smile

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
been reading a few books about this era

incredible amount of killing took place

brutal times

-----------------------------------

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Brutal times.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
I have passed up this movie several times but last night decided to watch it. The movie was not what I thought it would be. IMO worth the watch.

Watched it tonight -- great flick. Definitely recommend.

--K

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'll be a dissenter, it looked good, well made and acted... but there was just little there IMO. After reading so many glowing reviews, I was let down. Worth watching for sure, but it left me flat.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I'll be a dissenter, it looked good, well made and acted... but there was just little there IMO. After reading so many glowing reviews, I was let down. Worth watching for sure, but it left me flat.

i agree with you to a point

mainly because the ending was a hack-job IMO.

too 'in your face' re. the encroaching white man

but like you said - still worth the watch (and re-watch for several scenes)

----------------------------