SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I read White Fragility
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I read White Fragility Login/Join 
posted
I just read this. It seemed ludicrous to me. Anybody else read it?

Posts: 7345 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It sounds ludicrous.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Are you reading an e-book, or a physical book?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not read the book but did read up on the author.
Methinks the good doctor is full of poo-poo.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
We've been given a choice of 4 books to read for work this summer with mandatory discussions at the start of the year. Roll Eyes

That book was one of the four. I put it as my last choice. Don't know which one I ended up getting, since they haven't sent it to me yet.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
We've been given a choice of 4 books to read for work this summer with mandatory discussions at the start of the year. Roll Eyes

That book was one of the four. I put it as my last choice. Don't know which one I ended up getting, since they haven't sent it to me yet.

Your job demands this of you? What line of work are you in?

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Seems like the left has put a pin in prosecuting the war on "toxic masculinity" and moved onto "toxic caucasiod-ness"

I'll pass...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, I would never pay for this. I downloaded it from my local library. Reading it on Kindle.

If you get this one, good luck. To expand slightly, our oldest daughter is basically a hippie. We love her but she isn’t very smart. She reads a meme and it’s like her eyes were opened to a whole new world. I’m trying to get her to understand that the Internet is full of lies and manipulations. Not something to take at face value. I’m trying to understand her perspective though so the opportunity occurred to read this book and I took it.

It’s complete nonsense start to finish. Awash in psycho jargon. Complete sentences that you read and reread to understand what it said. Usually it doesn’t say anything.

Crux of book is actually very simple. White people are either racist or they don’t realize they are racist. If you disagree with the author in any way, that’s your white fragility of the title, showing through. And of course you’re racist.

Horrible horrible ideas. Basically a book to guide you through your guilt over something you didn’t even know you had and by the way there is no cure. Just continuing guilt as you struggle to be anti racist. You can’t actually achieve non racist. Not as a person of no color at least.

Posts: 7345 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Para, I would never pay for this. I downloaded it from my local library. Reading it on Kindle.
Pity. This makes it impossible for you to tear out its pages one by one and use it to wipe your ass, because that's all it's good for.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You paint quite a picture boss.

Honestly I didn’t expect to enjoy the book. I didn’t think I would agree with everything. I suspected I would groan and roll my eyes at times. What I really didn’t expect though was that from start to finish it was complete nonsense. For all intents and purposes, the book has zero redeeming quality. It is the penultimate hand wringing and gnashing of teeth, racked by guilt apology that you could partake in for the sin of being born a certain color. Horrendous just doesn’t cover it.

Put in slightly different terms, the book is wildly racist to people not of color. No other ethnic group would take this treatment without being offended and crying “racism”!

posted Hide Post
It is a magnum opus of progectionism

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Mark Steyn just mentioned this on his fill-in stint for Limbaugh. Steyn said it was "an unreadable piece of tripe and codswallop", that being White was the original sin on its own, racism built in. I haven't and won't read this book, I'll go out on a limb and trust Steyn's take.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ben Shapiro has a 15 minute video on Daily Wire that walks through the major flaws in the "book." I watched that as I refused to pay for the book.

From what he said, classic manipulative garbage. From someone who is paid to deliver it.

One key point he made, directly from the book, is that if you are melanin deprived, you are racist no matter what -- either you deny it and prove you are racist or admit to being a racist.

The logic made me think of the witch trial in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
This shit is setting race relations in our country back about 100 years.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The title alone, not to mention it was grouped among the collection of race-baiting and race-hating books was enough to make me pass. Fast.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have not, and will not read the book.

Ben Shapiro has a 30 minute review on his YouTube channel if you’re interested. I did listen to that today while driving home.

https://youtu.be/iWgnX84KD7A

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
This shit is setting race relations in our country back about 100 years.

Me and some coworkers were just talking about that on Monday.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Maybe I should do a karma for 'Hating Whitey and Other Progressive Causes' by David Horowitz.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't. I've just been following James Lindsay. He seems pretty knowledgeable in this area, insightful, and talented at breaking down sophistry.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 277 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

Your job demands this of you? What line of work are you in?

I'm a teacher.

The book was in the mail today...and thank god it wasn't White Fragility.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post