SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Guardians of the Galaxy II
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guardians of the Galaxy II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just got back. *Mild spoilers without plot reveals*I feel like it was test grouped or crowd sourced. People like groot give em more groot. People like out of charector Drax make that his whole charector. People like the music make that central to the movie instead of background. Don't get me wrong I didn't hate it but it doesn't hold a candle to the first for me. Some good laughs and some really good charector moments but it did feel very segmented. Go see it but if your looking for more Guardians 1 it's not really here.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked the first one and fell asleep in the second. The first was funny, this one was trying to be funny. I would wait til it came out on TV.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One stupid movie but the wife liked it???

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:To top things off, Disney remade Tower of Terror into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride! Mad

Disney has been in a rut the last 30-years about not having rides/attractions that correspond to their IPs. Their most popular rides..aren't connected to movies at the time of their opening: Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Space Mountain, Big Thunder...Indiana Jones was the first modern ride that connected to a popular film, which at the time was not a Disney IP. Only with the opening of Cars Land have they been able to capture the attention of those same movie goers. While I appreciated the ToT, they needed relevant rides, most people under the age of 30 have no idea what the Twilight Zone is and it's place in pop cultural.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the hell out of it.

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This dropped on Netflix within the last week or two. Having seen every Christmas movie we have on the shelf about 15-20 times each, we decided to watch Guardians of the Galaxy II, instead.

Loved it every bit as much as the first.

The baby Groot is indeed adorable Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The netflix way, have the sequel but not the original.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The netflix way, have the sequel but not the original.

Yeah, I watched the second one there before I rented the first. Not bad.

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The baby Groot is indeed adorable Smile

I had no idea who Groot was when I watched the second film the first time. I found it hilarious when the ship was crashing, everyone was in a mild state of panic, and Groot was eating Skittles.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post