SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Guardians of the Galaxy II
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guardians of the Galaxy II Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I just got home from the 10:00 show (my daughter surprised me with a ticket)...in all honesty I did like the first one a little better (it was unique Smile) ...BUT...this sequel was very good and I was not disappointed in the least...I will buy it on BluRay when it comes out...

I enjoyed the soundtrack...downloaded it off of iTunes today and I was glad they paid homage to Sam Cooke by including Bring It On Home To me...a timeless classic by one of the best (if not THE BEST) singers ever Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/loMLXNoBfTo

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I am Groot

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
We are seeing it sunday, afternoon showing.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I am Groot

I agree, but it still a great franchise. My wife loves these movies too.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
So many cameos! And so many awesome end credits Easter Egg scenes. It was an enjoyable sequel, though I agree that the story was somewhat lacking. I gotta say, it was badass watching Quill's reaction to Ego's revelation about Quill's mother's illness.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I am Groot

I agree, but it still a great franchise. My wife loves these movies too.

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Saw it tonight. Loved the soundtrack, liked the movie. Wife hated it and daughter cried. Not as good as the original, but then again the original was, original. Still wondering how it's going to work when the Guardians meet the Avengers.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I got early screening of it and had to sign a non-disclosure agreement. I had similar thoughts as above, and felt some of the interaction on Ego was forced. Opening sequence was awesome. Comedy was better than the first, but the story line seemed segmented. If the first was a 100% baseline, this was high eighties/ low ninety's. Russel was good, sly was a minor part (tango and cash). Gunn's brother had a larger part in this movie.

Stay for all three segments during/ after the credits.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler.

There were 5 total scenes after the end of the movie....were there less for your screening?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler.

There were 5 total scenes after the end of the movie....were there less for your screening?

Well that sucks. I'll have to see it again.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Nope. Not even. I'm a Sci/fi geek and took my boys to see the first one - two hours I'll never get back. This one looks worse. To top things off, Disney remade Tower of Terror into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride! Mad

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Just saw it. It's way funnier than the first.

The story line really just advances Quill's background. It's a filler movie. Doesn't do much to advance the overall MCU/Avengers/Infinity Stone story.

I quite enjoyed it nonetheless.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Interesting that you thought it funnier than the first. I grew tired of how aggro Groot was all the time and how much of a dick Drax was.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Just watched it.

BORING and un-involving. Some funny moments, but the main plot sucked. I will not bother seeing it again (and I watch good movies multiple times).

My wife liked it. I just wanted it to end.

I give it a rating of 2 out of 10.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hound Dog,

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Saw it this afternoon. I thought it was really good. Almost as good as the first, and probably as funny. I guess my only ding is that it didn't have the surprise of being good like the first one. I didn't have any expectations for the first, and it was great. Expectations were then set.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
Saw it this afternoon. I thought it was really good. Almost as good as the first, and probably as funny. I guess my only ding is that it didn't have the surprise of being good like the first one. I didn't have any expectations for the first, and it was great. Expectations were then set.

This is almost exactly how I felt. My wife loved baby Groot.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the majority, I liked it, perhaps "a lot" but pretty big step down from the first, which was unique with serious replay value. This one, not nearly as much but still a fun time.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We saw it today and really enjoyed it a lot. I personally grew tired of the opening scene and credits and enjoyed the movie more as it went on. Good adult humor and pretty kid frendly. I liked the first one a bit more after one showing but Vol 2 was solid. Wife and girls liked it a lot!

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
My wife, daughter, and I were on aboard the Disney Dream for a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay. I was hoping they show Guardians in the theater and throughtout the first two nights it wasn't on the schedule at all. None of the crew would say anything about it when asked. Then they surprised us on the night of the 4th. They had a big premier and showed it in 3D and 2D. Movies are free aboard the ship. We took a cruise last year at the same time (it's our wedding anniversary) and they showed Captain America Civil War on the cruise the night before it opened. It was funny and entertaining and we enjoyed it. I agree, it didn't advance the storyline much toward Infinity. Overall it was a enjoyable movie.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another thumbs up.

Hard to believe it cost $34 to see a matinee with my daughter. Big Grin

Just all around good entertainment.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post