SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP Dolores O'Riordan (Cranberries)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Dolores O'Riordan (Cranberries) Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Sorry about her passing, I like a lot of their music. May she RIP.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
I am very saddened at her passing. I enjoyed her music quite a bit and I'm very surprised to hear that she is gone.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I was shocked as hell the other day, i always liked her voice and music. I hate to see her pass at such a young age. RIP

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Very sad. 46 is way too young.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I took my daughter to her very first rock concert in 1995 (she was thirteen) to see the Cranberries. Toad the Wet Sprocket was one of the opening acts.

Personally, I liked TTWS better. The Cranberries' tunes all sounded pretty much the same to me.

Nissan Pavilion? I saw them there too about that time. Small world. She did have a great voice. But Toad was really why I was there. RIP.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
46 is way too young.
Then, she should have made better choices and not killed herself with drugs.

It's not like she acquired a terminal illness and valiantly fought against it. In essence, she committed suicide.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
So, some of us sit here idolizing a drug addicted nutjob that believed her demons allowed her to do whatever she wanted, including busting up a female flight attendant and headbutting a cop.

This is a quote from O'Riordan:
“I think I’ll probably come back as an angel and I’d like to guide people or guard people going through similar experiences in life, whisper in their ear and kind of give them ideas on how to deal with things ,”

That sounds exactly like who I'd want guiding me through a tough life....Someone that couldn't cope with their own! Now it's being said that she intentionally took a large quantity of Fentanyl in order to commit suicide. The post-mortem was done Thursday and we'll soon know for sure (as if we already didn't Roll Eyes ).

For those that believe I don't know what she was going through: I'll bet I have a better understanding than most. My mother was the exact same hateful kind of person that O'Riordan was, and eventually it ate her up inside too, but it didn't need to. These people will never seek counseling or help. They'd rather feel pity for themselves and spin stories and lie just so others will take pity upon them. They think they are the only ones with a problem and decide that there is no solution beyond drugs, alcohol, or other harmful acts to themselves and others (it's easier that way). As happens to people that are no longer relevant (or find their celebrity waning) she took the easiest way out to get people to talk about her, once again becoming the center of attention for at least one more news cycle.

Even if the person committing suicide (or other similar self destructive behavior) is the greatest talent there is, they lose all respect and sympathy from me. Their selfishness may lead to countless others emulating their actions because they find their circumstances similar, and it is just so easy to give up when you've seen a "star" do it!

Self destructive behavior is bad enough, but doing it from the elevated status "celebrity" brings, allows countless others to see it.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post