SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP Dolores O'Riordan (Cranberries)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Dolores O'Riordan (Cranberries) Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Dolores O'Riordan, lead singer of Irish rock band The Cranberries, died suddenly on Monday. She was 46. I just listened to "Dreams", the only Cranberries song on my iPhone.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Well dang!
Big fan of Zombie.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm certain that drugs were not involved.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
She certainly created unique pop/rock vocals.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just listened to "Dreams", the only Cranberries song on my iPhone.

That song is one of my favorite female vocals. RIP.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
That’s a shame

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
There's just something about that voice of her's that I really liked. Amazing voice is all I can say. RIP Delores. I loved the sound of your voice.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Is this the same super special queen bee head case that went nuts during a flight to Ireland a few years ago? Assaulting a flight attendant and some cops? Got off with a cheap fine. Should have been in jail.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Never got into the Cranberries. Songwriting seemed limited.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
had a great voice

thats too bad Frown

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
A beautiful & graceful voice. dún do shúile agus lig na huiscí leatsa anam milis abhaile.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I don't know specifics, but she had cancelled several concerts the last few years due to health issues.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Almost this exact comment got me a lot of negative feedback a few minutes ago. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Almost this exact comment got me a lot of negative feedback a few minutes ago. Roll Eyes

Certainly a sad day and age when this is pretty much where our mind goes whenever a star dies.

My first thoughts on it as well when I read the headline earlier today.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Dreams" has one of the best examples of harmony I've ever heard. You can hear each separate voice clearly, but also all the voices combined.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Damn. She had and incredible voice. "Linger" is a favorite song of mine, of any genre.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw she had passed away while I was at work last night.

I fondly remember being in the various establishments near Ohio State that sold carbonated beverages and the devils elixir and listening to the Cranberries while attempting (horribly) to meet women

Almost all the bars played the Cranberriese at least once or twice an hour all night long.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I took my daughter to her very first rock concert in 1995 (she was thirteen) to see the Cranberries. Toad the Wet Sprocket was one of the opening acts.

Personally, I liked TTWS better. The Cranberries' tunes all sounded pretty much the same to me.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Never got into the Cranberries. Songwriting seemed limited.

Same with me. I never got it.

Passing at the age of 46 in the music world usually points to one thing.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I only had the pleasure of seeing the Cranberries once, and it was a short set at Woodstock '94.
RIP, Dolores.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post