SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post a photograph you like
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post a photograph you like Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
But not of your own.

Point Neuf by Eugene Atget

There is a print of it on the wall opposite my bed.

He was a great photographer.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
nice!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post

Ok, sounds like a wide-open field. I've been on a 'battleship kick' lately. Here is USS Missouri (Iowa Class BB) next to one of my favorite ships - USS Alaska, class leader for several US Battle Cruisers. They are beautiful ships, but were entirely unnecessary. They were built not as 'conventional' battle cruisers, which generally had battleship-sized main armament and high speed, but minimal armor (Alaska class had 12" guns; so they were essentially just huge cruisers). They were designed to chase down a class of Japanese heavy cruisers which were never built. They almost cost as much to operate as 'real' BBs, so they were taken out of service right after the war.

USS West Virginia. I met a guy who was serving on her on 7 Dec 1941. He was ashore with friends during the attack, but showed up during the last stages to help in damage control and rescue ops. After the attack, he helped salvage her. Cool guy - wrote the excellent book: The Other Side of Infamy.

USS Arizona. I found the book All The Gallant Men at a Goodwill store while browsing for WWII books to read. It's also excellent. I'm going to meet the author early next year to get an autograph (he's going to the 76th anniversary at Pear next month).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I think I may have even stolen this from here on Sig Forum. I use it as a desktop background on occasion. Hatteras has always been my favorite lighthouse.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My all-time favorite picture. I get choked up looking at it, even now, nearly 50 years later:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I like this one.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Going another way, Robert Frank --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
RIP Marco. You will be forever missed.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Bubba what is that pic from? Very nice picture as far as contrast goes. Not sure it had a happy ending though.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Bubba what is that pic from? Very nice picture as far as contrast goes. Not sure it had a happy ending though.
The Eruption of Japan's Mount Ontake Lots of pictures.

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
who ever said that "if it's on the inner net , its on the inner net forever", was a bone head

A fella here posted a picture of a scoped SCAR 17s , it was on a glass patio table .

it was stunning.

and for about four months , you could google it and it would pop up.

but sadly, no more.

if it shows up again , I will figure out a way to save it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post

I came across this the day after visiting the sites of the Monte Sole massacres on the other side of the Reno Valley.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Earthrise, taken from Apollo 8 by William Anders on December 24, 1968.

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I think I may have even stolen this from here on Sig Forum. I use it as a desktop background on occasion. Hatteras has always been my favorite lighthouse.

That's my picture. Enjoy and continue to use it as your background.

I was in the Outer Bank a few weeks ago and was thinking about this shot. I would like to this again but it takes a lot of setup and time. Plus all the planning doesn't matter if mother nature doesn't cooperate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: comet24,

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post