Tools

Game of Thrones Login/Join 
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
What's funny is when you see actors and actresses from this series in other roles. I was watching the most recent Predator movie and was thinking "How did Theon Greyjoy get here?"

Wasn’t he in John Wick as well?

Theon was also in PLASTIC, he was an A** in both characters.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. I decided to watch the series. It is enjoyable. I must say that I still prefer more reality based shows. I am not so sure about character development as most of the folks are the biggest schemers I have ever seen. Very few of the characters seem to have redeeming qualities. At times I find it unnecessarily complex with the introduction of new characters each and every episode.

In any event I appreciate the remarks from other members and I will continue to watch the series.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Very few of the characters seem to have redeeming qualities.

Yes, the characters are all complex and partly or wholly broken. But often that makes for better storytelling than simple "white hat/black hat" characters, because it's more realistic.

Keep watching. Some of the characters do begin to show redeeming qualities. Even some that you wouldn't expect...

By the time you get to the final season, there will be a handful of your favorite "heroes" that you'll be rooting for, flaws and all.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
I must say that I still prefer more reality based shows. I am not so sure about character development as most of the folks are the biggest schemers I have ever seen.

I think that is what makes it reality based...just in a fantasy world

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. One of the most hated characters initially has become one of my favorites

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Jaime and Tyrion are pretty much tied for being my favorite characters. It's funny but I liked Daenerys less and less as each season progressed.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Careful not to give any spoilers, as this thread was started by someone who hasn't watched yet.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It's very real. Assholes and schemers get ahead and good people get screwed over. Doing the right thing might just cost you everything, and the ruthless prosper.

As Ramsey says: if you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:It's funny but I liked Daenerys less and less as each season progressed.

Yes

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Absolutely. One of the most hated characters initially has become one of my favorites
You are right, i hated Joffrey but when tommen became King, i missed Joffrey.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
ZSMICHAEL, looks like it's in your best interest to ignore this thread going forward, as spoilers are starting to flow.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah thanks.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
GOT is very interesting...and there are lot of fan everywhere. there was no episodes last year and fan all around the world are talking about the future direction of the show. its expected.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Very few of the characters seem to have redeeming qualities.

Yes, the characters are all complex and partly or wholly broken. But often that makes for better storytelling than simple "white hat/black hat" characters, because it's more realistic.

Keep watching. Some of the characters do begin to show redeeming qualities. Even some that you wouldn't expect...

By the time you get to the final season, there will be a handful of your favorite "heroes" that you'll be rooting for, flaws and all.

For sure.

I think the arc of the King Slayer has been excellent, and of course Tyrion.

I don't mean this quite literally so don't read anything into it, but I do tend to think the portrayals within are a more accurate reflection of humanity and reality than most films and shows and popular notions. One only needs to look at any modern society during brief periods of unrest or natural disasters or a lack of electricity to see how quickly the more civilized aspects of today get suspended or forgotten, most Rikki Tik.

It's good Television, surely some of the very best dramatic stories ever filmed. It's full of imperfections, but it's surrounded by few equals. Sopranos, Wire, True Detective, Deadwood. I'd rather see it as a Western or Space-y stuff than a Fantasy with dragons and swords, but we didn't get to pick the genre, and it's still well worth it, I think.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
the dialogues and costumes, Story and twist are so well design to look really, the secret of jon snow's birth...the mad king and the lazy, crazy king robert. GOT is a must see for everyone.

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
How do all these people get stabbed in the gut and not die?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Working my way through the series again before the premiere.

Based on this calendar, I'm ahead of schedule. Finished season 2 last night & started season 3.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15311 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post