SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The Defense Department regrets to inform you...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Defense Department regrets to inform you... Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
"... that your sons are dead because they were stupid."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.

(And there actually was one for a while. Wink)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
"I feel the need...the need..for speed"

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
"Great Ballz of fire...."

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Slider... you stink.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
because I was inverted.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... of a lady this time ...

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Lets kick the tires.... Oops wrong movie :P Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
cough "BULLSHIT!" cough

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Penny Benjamin?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
We have a crisis situation...

I always thought this was probably the worst edit in this whole movie. First time I saw it with a friend and we both laughed out loud in the theater.

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
"Every time we go up there, it's like you're flying with a ghost."

This was THE image for me when I was a kid. Man I wanted to be one of these guys.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
That was my buddy's and my plan for getting college paid for. Simple: go into the Navy, flight school, fly jets, get chicks, get tuition money, and eventually cruise back to school.

Turned out they don't really need many 6'5" jet pilots.... Frickin' Navy. Such a stellar plan.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

...Turned out they don't really need many 6'5" jet pilots...

I think the issue is fitting into the seat, it may also be safety during an ejection. That may have been what kept women out of fighters until they made mods to the seats.

Paging RHINO, please chime in!

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Former NFL player Chad Hennings was an A-10 pilot and they always said because it was the only combat airplane they had he would fit into.

Oh and....

'You're not gonna be happy unless you're going mach two with your hair on fire.'

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeehaw! Jester's dead!

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
That was my buddy's and my plan for getting college paid for. Simple: go into the Navy, flight school, fly jets, get chicks, get tuition money, and eventually cruise back to school.

Turned out they don't really need many 6'5" jet pilots.... Frickin' Navy. Such a stellar plan.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I think the issue is fitting into the seat, it may also be safety during an ejection. That may have been what kept women out of fighters until they made mods to the seats.

No quotes from the movie, guys. Please include quotes to go along with your conversation.

"Come on, Mav, do some of that pilot shit!"

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Apologies...

"So you're the one."

"Yes ma'am."

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

...Turned out they don't really need many 6'5" jet pilots...

AS I understand it, it's biology. Distance from head to heart means big guys have trouble staying conscious pulling multiple G's.

Slider: Goose, whose butt did you kiss to get in here anyway?

Goose: The list is long, but distinguished.

Slider: Yeah, well so is my Johnson.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post