SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The Defense Department regrets to inform you...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Defense Department regrets to inform you... Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

...Turned out they don't really need many 6'5" jet pilots...

I think the issue is fitting into the seat, it may also be safety during an ejection. That may have been what kept women out of fighters until they made mods to the seats.

Paging RHINO, please chime in!

AS I understand it, it's biology. Distance from head to heart means big guys have trouble staying conscious pulling multiple G's.

Slider: Goose, whose butt did you kiss to get in here anyway?

Goose: The list is long, but distinguished.

Slider: Yeah, well so is my Johnson.

Somewhere in there is a myth.

I'm 6'4" and was a lean 225 lbs when I joined. The reason I didn't fly was due to eyesight (wearing glasses).

I was in more than one F-14 squadron where some of the aircrew were taller than I - though not by much. Wink

Requesting a flyby.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" and you asshole, you're lucky to be here"!!!
"Thank you sir".

Always a classic to use on repeat rookies at roll call.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think the issue is fitting into the seat, it may also be safety during an ejection. That may have been what kept women out of fighters until they made mods to the seats.

AS I understand it, it's biology. Distance from head to heart means big guys have trouble staying conscious pulling multiple G's.

I'm 6'4" and was a lean 225 lbs when I joined. The reason I didn't fly was due to eyesight (wearing glasses).

I was in more than one F-14 squadron where some of the aircrew were taller than I - though not by much. Wink

Requesting a flyby.

Hmm. Well, the discussion we had was by no means an official communication. It was the recruiter speaking to a couple kids. My buddy was 6'0", I was 225lbs and 6'5" (and 1/2, not that it mattered), and he told us that I could do flight school, possibly fly C-130's or choppers, but that the fighters were too small on the cockpit for my size and ejecting would not be a pleasant experience. I was young, I don't recall the entire exchange, and I was equal parts interested in finding another beer at that time, so we both walked across the hall to the next recruiter's office.

"Take me to bed or lose me forever."

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I'm going to take a shower.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Talk to me Goose...

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
You took it! And broke a major rule of engagement!

Great movie.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
If you screw up just this much...you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh*t out of Hong Kong!

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, boys. There's two "O"s in Goose.

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
You're gonna do WHAT?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
"I was inverted"

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Requesting a flyby.

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post