SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What the heck is a Pewdiepie?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What the heck is a Pewdiepie? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I never heard of this guy until the Sargon of Akkad vs Patreon thing. Apparently, pewdiepie has more subscribers than anyone else in YouTube. I thought I was a pretty hip netizen so how could I not know this?

Well, mostly he's a goofball. Swedish, i think. But this is pretty hilarious:

I'll subscribe just to keep him #1.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I think his content is garbage but the dude makes millions from his channel so more power to him.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I could explain it to you, but...

No, wait. No I can't

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I laughed every time he said mentioned Dave Chappell, but showed Neil Degrasse Tyson Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Racist shithead from the Nordic countries that makes big money for doing nothing relavent. I think it was a gaming channel at one point, but now just blah....

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Racist shithead from the Nordic countries that makes big money for doing nothing relavent. I think it was a gaming channel at one point, but now just blah....

What did he do that was racist? I'm not familiar with him other than 1 or 2 videos.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
perpetually making racist commentary and saying the n-word "cuz thats what gamers do" and then saying sorry - but only when people are offended or call him out on it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
This is funny, not that's about all it is.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Never heard of him ether, mildly entertaining but NO clue about why the massive subscription and views? Confused

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Snowball Effect

Didn't swishy Sweden put this guy on a terror watch list? Big Grin

**edit**

Found it Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Snowball Effect

Didn't swishy Sweden put this guy on a terror watch list? Big Grin

**edit**

Found it Big Grin
Big Grin

He's so not funny that I can't look away and I laugh anyway.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
PJW's take on PewDiePie, more of a jumping off point to a bigger issue --

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dICPJypfegc

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post