SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Trump Bash-Fest Murphy Brown Reboot Cancelled After One (Short) Season
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Bash-Fest Murphy Brown Reboot Cancelled After One (Short) Season Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Wow...never saw that coming. You mean to say that incessant Trump and Fox News bashing just doesn't bring in the ratings? Whoda thunk it?

The showrunners are LYING their asses off about "how this was never supposed to be a long term thing" yeah right, you're full of shit and look foolish now and making excuses.

13 episodes, that's not even a full season is it?

Report: Anti-Trump ‘Murphy Brown’ Reboot Cancelled After One Season

Posts: 33759 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
"The Connors" will be following that turd down the toilet soon also.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
"The Connors" will be following that turd down the toilet soon also.

Yep!

But meanwhile Last Man Standing is killing it in the ratings on Friday nights!

Bonus: the exec at ABC who fired Roseanne and canceled her show and who was the one responsible for canceling Last Man Standing, is getting forced out at ABC. Buh Bye Bitch!

ABC shakeup: Channing Dungey resigns

Posts: 33759 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
At my wife's request, we started to watch the first episode.
We only lasted a few minutes.
I was pretty confident the show was going to flop.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's good news for the day. Never watched it the first time around either.

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
"oh yeah, we only ever intended to make thirteen episodes"

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The Connors incident took down the President and even ABC execs claim it was a huge mistake. I wonder how much Gilbert is losing in this failure as she was a big part of the show's production.Ben Sherwood, the second one involved in the termination of Barr is set to depart ABC soon.

Murphy Brown is fading and the tv execs are trying to claim it was only intended for a limited run..odd as comments when it first appeared said anything but.

https://www.ntd.tv/2018/10/13/...onnors-debut-report/

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bonus: the exec at ABC who fired Roseanne and canceled her show and who was the one responsible for canceling Last Man Standing, is getting forced out at ABC. Buh Bye Bitch! (Channing Dungey resigns).

I wonder if Valerie Jarett will offer her a job?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I believe Rush said yesterday that Murphy Brown was cancelled after "the lowest ratings ev-vah." or words to that effect.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Political Correctness will always ruin, period.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Samantha Bee joins her soon.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess the Trump to derangement syndrome wasn't working for them

Posts: 163 | Location: Murrells inlet SC | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Oh GOD yes!!!! She’s an UNfunny feckless [.....]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
The best thing about the original was the painter. Since he died, kinda hard to recapture the old magic.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Oh GOD yes!!!! She’s an UNfunny feckless [.....]
TV By the Numbers is reporting the hag is renewed thru 2020. Dumb and unfunny are not a winning combination so I'm shocked.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the original Murphy Brown was funny

they had good comedy, they had timing and chemistry

the reboot had the same older faces with none of the charm

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original is on Over The Air TV - Cozi TV. Murphy Brown showed up on another OTA TV channel, after President Trump was elected.

I guess the left was in such deep trauma that they needed these 'progressive' shows.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post