SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Gregg Henry is one of those fun delightful character actors that we will all miss when gone.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gregg Henry is one of those fun delightful character actors that we will all miss when gone. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I got to thinking of all the “so and so actor died” and you will know him/her when you see them articles/threads.

Gregg Henry, I believe will be one of those folks and I want to give props now when he’s actually alive. I’ve watched a couple things with him in it recently and I always enjoy him.

Cracks me up as the mayor in “Slither”.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he turns up in a lot of stuff. My favorite role of his is Val Resnick in "Payback."

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
Yeah, he turns up in a lot of stuff. My favorite role of his is Val Resnick in "Payback."

Me too. His role in Payback made me want to kill him myself.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass: His role in Payback made me want to kill him myself.

Yeah, he was quite the douchebag. I love the interaction with him and Artie Stegman in the bar:

"You know what, Val, this one's on me. OK?"

"Do you see me reaching for my fucking wallet?"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Always love when he turns up in something I’m watching. Some of my favorites of his.

Brigham Young in Hell On Wheels
The Killing
The Riches, that’s where I really first came to appreciate him

He’s also guested in almost every show of note over the last 15-20 years including our beloved Firefly.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
“You know Mr. Pibb is the only kind of Coke I like!”

He was hilarious in Slither.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
For those who don't recognize the name, you'll no doubt recognize the face. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:

He and Lucy Liu cracked me up.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
He was in an episode of Firefly too. He actually got to play a good guy for once. Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Oh I hate him!

which probably means he's usually doing a good job as an actor.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great actor.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks bald 1 for the pic.

here is some additional info
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001344/

very good 40 year run ,
I like him in a lot of stuff

Payback was great

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Probably like most people, when I saw this thread I immediately thought of him in Payback.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post