SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Robin Hood movie?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Robin Hood movie? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
In relation to this thread, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...601935/m/6030061054, I’m curious as to the favorite Robin Hood movie?

My favorite is the Mel Brooks version, Men in Tights. Followed by the Kevin Costner version and then the Disney animated version. I did not like the Russell Crow version, only watched part of the Errol Flynn version and didn’t even know a new one was out. I don’t have any interest in the new one however.

Question:
Which is your favorite Robin Hood version?

Choices:
Robin Hood with Errol Flynn
Robin Hood: Prince of Thives w/ Kevin Costner
Robin Hood Disney animated
Robin Hood with Russell Crow
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Robin Hood 2018 release

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Costner and freeman and the guy from Die Hard (never remember his name) What’s not to like.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
You left the best one off of your list.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
The Errol Flynn/Olivia De Haviland version , is IMHO THE classic Robin Hood. Great score as well.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
He deared to kill a Kings dare.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Erroll Flynn is first followed by Costner.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
The Errol Flynn/Olivia De Haviland version , is IMHO THE classic Robin Hood. Great score as well.
My favorite. The colors are spectacular. You get extra credit if you can identify Olivia's horse.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Lest we forget, Robin Hood also made an appearance in "Time Bandits".

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland, Basil Rathbone, Claude Rains.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Roy Rogers would later buy this horse and become “Trigger”. Great trivia question Jim Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
My favorite. The colors are spectacular. You get extra credit if you can identify Olivia's horse.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Gotta go with Prince of Thieves, but only because of Alan Rickman.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Men in Tights. How can you NOT love it?

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Gotta go with Prince of Thieves, but only because of Alan Rickman.

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
Men in Tights. How can you NOT love it?

These two by far...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to like the TV b&w Robin Hood with Richard Greene.

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Men in Tights is hilarious so I'm going with that one, but Prince of Thieves is entertaining as well.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Errol Flynn's film is my favorite.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Yep. The Rodger Miller version is my favorite!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
I used to like the TV b&w Robin Hood with Richard Greene.

I remember that from childhood. Then there was the British 80s "Robin of Sherwood" series, which I found an appealing mix of gritty medieval real life and some Celtic pagan/supernatural elements. Apparently it established the Saracen character which became a staple in later treatments. Musical score by Clannad.

Posts: 2406 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Rental horse named Golden Cloud. Later bought by Roy Rogers and renamed Trigger.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1975 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post