SIGforum
Favorite Robin Hood movie?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4490023054

December 01, 2018, 09:39 PM
Riley
Favorite Robin Hood movie?
In relation to this thread, <a href="https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/6030061054," target="_blank">https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...601935/m/6030061054,</a> I’m curious as to the favorite Robin Hood movie?<BR><BR>My favorite is the Mel Brooks version, Men in Tights. Followed by the Kevin Costner version and then the Disney animated version. I did not like the Russell Crow version, only watched part of the Errol Flynn version and didn’t even know a new one was out. I don’t have any interest in the new one however.Which is your favorite Robin Hood version?Robin Hood with Errol FlynnRobin Hood: Prince of Thives w/ Kevin CostnerRobin Hood Disney animatedRobin Hood with Russell CrowRobin Hood: Men in TightsRobin Hood 2018 release

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.
December 01, 2018, 09:44 PM
Jus228
Costner and freeman and the guy from Die Hard (never remember his name) What’s not to like.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
December 01, 2018, 10:01 PM
RogueJSK

December 01, 2018, 10:19 PM
Replacement Tommel
You left the best one off of your list.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"
December 01, 2018, 10:25 PM
FN in MT
The Errol Flynn/Olivia De Haviland version , is IMHO THE classic Robin Hood. Great score as well.
December 01, 2018, 10:46 PM
Vgex
He deared to kill a Kings dare.
December 01, 2018, 11:17 PM
YooperSigs
Erroll Flynn is first followed by Costner.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
December 02, 2018, 12:24 AM
Jim Shugart
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
The Errol Flynn/Olivia De Haviland version , is IMHO THE classic Robin Hood. Great score as well.
My favorite. The colors are spectacular. You get extra credit if you can identify Olivia's horse.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
December 02, 2018, 01:07 AM
zoom6zoom
Lest we forget, Robin Hood also made an appearance in "Time Bandits".

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
December 02, 2018, 05:13 AM
f2
Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland, Basil Rathbone, Claude Rains.
December 02, 2018, 05:48 AM
CQB60
Roy Rogers would later buy this horse and become “Trigger”. Great trivia question Jim Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
My favorite. The colors are spectacular. You get extra credit if you can identify Olivia's horse.

December 02, 2018, 07:46 AM
tigereye313
Gotta go with Prince of Thieves, but only because of Alan Rickman.

December 02, 2018, 08:21 AM
Todd Huffman
Men in Tights. How can you NOT love it?

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
December 02, 2018, 08:56 AM
.38supersig
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Gotta go with Prince of Thieves, but only because of Alan Rickman.

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
Men in Tights. How can you NOT love it?

These two by far...

December 02, 2018, 09:43 AM
walkinghorse
I used to like the TV b&w Robin Hood with Richard Greene.

Jim
December 02, 2018, 07:00 PM
BucFan
Men in Tights is hilarious so I'm going with that one, but Prince of Thieves is entertaining as well.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40
December 02, 2018, 09:40 PM
oddball
Errol Flynn's film is my favorite.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
December 02, 2018, 09:49 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Yep. The Rodger Miller version is my favorite!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
December 03, 2018, 05:28 AM
BansheeOne
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
I used to like the TV b&w Robin Hood with Richard Greene.

I remember that from childhood. Then there was the British 80s "Robin of Sherwood" series, which I found an appealing mix of gritty medieval real life and some Celtic pagan/supernatural elements. Apparently it established the Saracen character which became a staple in later treatments. Musical score by Clannad.
December 03, 2018, 07:09 AM
Redleg06
Rental horse named Golden Cloud. Later bought by Roy Rogers and renamed Trigger.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"