SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Peaky Blinders Season 4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peaky Blinders Season 4 Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Only 6 episodes but if you like you some gangster action, this is for you. Some interesting plot twists along they way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NavyGuy,

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it, liked it. Kind of a hokie final episode though with the Parliment thing.
Series is done now?

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Peaky Blinders, innit...?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
Saw it, liked it. Kind of a hokie final episode though with the Parliment thing.
Series is done now?

Nope, season 5 is already greenlit.

I liked this season. Adrien Brody seemed to be channeling Marlon Brando at times, and I liked the Luca Changretta character.

I'll need to go back and re-watch the season with Changretta Sr. (2?) I don't recall if they ever mentioned him having another son or not...if they did, seems like poor planning on tehe Peaky Blinder's part to not expect a vendetta.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Peeky fookin' Blindas, eh?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great season. Loved the dialogue Hardy had with Brody towards the end. Completely shitting on him and calling out needing his help. Really, anything with Hardy was great. As always, there were things that unfolded at the very end, always making you guess.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Maybe I need to give this series another chance. I got bored 3/4 into the first season. My number one problem is that for the most part none of the characters are even remotely likeable...it makes it difficult to care about what happens to them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Maybe I need to give this series another chance. I got bored 3/4 into the first season. My number one problem is that for the most part none of the characters are even remotely likeable...it makes it difficult to care about what happens to them.

I found myself rooting for Tommy. Although he won't be sitting at the right hand of God when he passes, he is the Godfather figure and the protagonist and in some weird ways the hero. Dedicated to his family and close friends but ruthless to those that would do harm to the family.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Lewis Gun makes an appearance again. Gangster action deluxe.

Posts: 3594 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
Tom Hardy was a scene stealer as Alfie. I'm going to miss his dialogue.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

The saving grace is that their enemies are even worse.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good ending. Gonna miss Alfie and his stream of consciousness knowledge dropping.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Good ending. Gonna miss Alfie and his stream of consciousness knowledge dropping.

Started watching Hardy in a series on FX caked Taboo.
That guy can act.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2916 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to starting season 4 tonight

loved the first 3 seasons!!

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAEIndustries:
Looking forward to starting season 4 tonight

loved the first 3 seasons!!

Yeah, it's a pretty good period series. I'm not sure they are 100% true to everything from the 1918's and on a few years, but it's well done.

I do need to put on closed captions... the thick accent and fast dialog is hard to follow now and again.

-D.H. Lawrence

Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Yes that was a close one at the beginning of the first episode of season 4 last night! Smile

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just binged watch the first 4-seasons this past week. I'm hooked. I don't think I've seen this much on-screen smoking or, alcohol since season-1 of True Detective.

Not as in-dpeth as Boardwalk Empire or, Soprano's but still entertaining. The Brits love their period dramas, I guess no different than American's enjoying Westerns. The only thing that keeps bugging me is the constant shots of the guys walking through the warehouse, that's been made to look like the BSA foundry-manufacturing facility. I just get a chuckle every time some flames or, sparks come shooting out. Roll Eyes

Thought it a bit implausible that the union rep, Jesse Eden, would give-up her source to Tommy with just a simple ask, knowing the Communists are being hunted by the gov. Lizzie was made-up to be a lot more attractive and striking in season-4; a far cry from slumming it in Small Heath. Since buying/moving into the country home, they haven't shown Tommy smoking opium before sleeping. Aberama Gold is going to betray the Shelby's, it's in his nature...unless Polly and him tie the knot even then, perhaps they move to the US and join Michael.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Looks like I will need to activate my Netflix subscription for a month. What a great show. My only disappointment is the 6-episode-per-season thing. I want more!

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Starting watching again; what a powerful scene…

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder how they’ll handle the absence of actress Helen McCrory who played the sister? She was a powerful character in the series. She kept her illness private but continued playing the role quite well.

Her husband, actor Damian Lewis, left the series “Billions” after her death. Perhaps he needed some family time.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post