SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Finally watched Deadwood, but wanting more. Now what?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally watched Deadwood, but wanting more. Now what? Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Justified ain't no Deadwood, but it's still very well done. A much better role for Olyphant, and Elmore Leonard brings a lot to the table, too. I enjoyed the series quite a bit.

I actually enjoyed Justified more than Deadwood. Maybe it was the variety of situations, or the modern setting, or just the fact there was closure, but I thought it was the better of the two series. Not by a lot though.

Season 1 of Justified was good. Season 2 was GREAT! Everything after was decent.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I've been watching the Deadwood series again lately. I believe that the writers absolutely gave the most humorous lines to Jane. A role well played by Robin Weigert.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
I've been watching the Deadwood series again lately. I believe that the writers absolutely gave the most humorous lines to Jane. A role well played by Robin Weigert.

Don't forget E.B.. He had some great lines, and was overall a great character.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
They just started filming the movie, set ten years later.

Set to premier in Spring 2019.

I'll watch it.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/d...id-milch-1202496154/

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'll watch the new movie, but will not expect much. If it is a mere sequel, it won't be much.

If the writers come up with a new angle and make it something that stands more on its own, it has a chance.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
<Wu>No mo cocksucka ...</Wu>

No Wu? I was going to use the moniker "Wu" in cowboy shootin', but it was already taken . . . Frown

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
para mentioned Mr. Milch earlier.
On more than one occasion Dennis Franz credited Milch as brilliant while on N.Y.P.D. Blue.

kind of makes me want to find a way to watch deadwood.

will have to see if the library here in tiny town would be able to get it.

N.Y.P.D. blue is in my top five tv shows of all time

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Coming close to the end. S3,Esp9. :sad:

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
para mentioned Mr. Milch earlier.
On more than one occasion Dennis Franz credited Milch as brilliant while on N.Y.P.D. Blue.

kind of makes me want to find a way to watch deadwood.

will have to see if the library here in tiny town would be able to get it.

N.Y.P.D. blue is in my top five tv shows of all time

I’m streaming HBOmax … super easy and also gives you TCM

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post