SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Gonna start a new show. Hell on Wheels?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gonna start a new show. Hell on Wheels? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
Anyone who has watched this, whatcha think?

I think I will start this and Breaking Bad.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We watched it for a couple seasons, and liked it. The protagonist is cut along the Clint Eastwood, anti-hero profile. Typical tragic back story. Give it a shot, it's worth the watch.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I found the two to have opposite paces....

Breaking bad starts slow and builds pace and story as it goes

Hell On Wheels to me got slower and worse as it went on

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've watched it through a couple times and recommend to friends who are looking for something to watch.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Good at first. Got weird later.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I'm in the middle of it now. About halfway through the last season and it really starts to drag. Should have wrapped it up at the end of season 4.

I do like to imagine it's just one of Chief O'Brien's holodeck programs though.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Hell on Wheels.

Yeah, there were a few episodes that kinda dragged, or seemed to fill the space, but overall, I liked it.

Breaking Bad?
I just re-watched it a few weeks ago. Still a great series!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone. I plan to start it up tonight. I'm looking forward to it!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked it. A few of the scenes throughout the series were a bit heartbreaking.

Hope you do enjoy it.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
*snipped*

Now that's funny. Big Grin

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I will add that while I LIKED Hell on Wheels, Breaking Bad was one of the best TV series I've ever watched. There will be cringing during some episodes! Eek

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I recently made note elsewhere that it was only after watching all of season one and part of season 2 of "The Boys" that I realized "Queen Maeve" was Dominique McElligott, "Lily Bell" from Hell on Wheels.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I recently made note elsewhere that it was only after watching all of season one and part of season 2 of "The Boys" that I realized "Queen Maeve" was Dominique McElligott, "Lily Bell" from Hell on Wheels.

Weird, because I'm balls deep in The Boys and I didn't make that connection.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I'm just on episode 3 but I like it a lot! That Lily Bell sure is a looker!

Can't wait to see what happens to the Swede

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
pass

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Hell on Wheels not anything over the top or a series I would likely find myself watching again but glad I watched it.

I absolutely hated Breaking Bad only kept watching because my wife kind of liked it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I watched 3 episodes of the first season and stopped. I wasn't impressed.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

Considering what a hot mess it turned into at the final two seasons, the writers should have just say "fuck it" and make that twist ending.

They could have easily done that w/o getting into any legal troubles. Just have the background disappear into a black room with orange grid marks. O'Brien then walks thru the sliding doors and see either Alexander Siddig, or Rosalind Chao waiting just outside.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
""""I recently made note elsewhere that it was only after watching all of season one and part of season 2 of "The Boys" that I realized "Queen Maeve" was Dominique McElligott, "Lily Bell" from Hell on Wheels.

Weird, because I'm balls deep in The Boys and I didn't make that connection."""

Wow. Totally missed that myself. Like all above mentioned shows. Smile

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I enjoyed Hell on Wheels not anything over the top or a series I would likely find myself watching again but glad I watched it.

I absolutely hated Breaking Bad only kept watching because my wife kind of liked it.

I had the complete opposite experience.

I saw a few episodes of Hell on Wheels and wasn't impressed.

Breaking Bad, IMO is one of the best TV series I have ever watched up there with The Sopranos.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16677 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post