SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Clint Eastwood's next movie: "Richard Jewell"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clint Eastwood's next movie: "Richard Jewell" Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
In the 2002 version of 'Count of Monte Cristo,' Dantes inscribed on his prison wall, "God will give me justice." I believe this phrase and I'm reminded of it often when I think justice will never be served on this Earth. The scene that probably pissed me off the most was after 88 days (after knowing Jewell was innocent after just a few), the FBI guy went to deliver the official exoneration letter to Jewell and he just had to add that he still thought Jewell was guilty. I don't know if that was Eastwood invoking his poetic license but in any case, the FBI was just as pathetic then as it is now. It's just a shame the media and FBI are so prideful that they would rather allow innocent people to remain tarnished than to admit their mistakes.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
As I was watching that scene I was hoping Jewell or his lawyer was going to reply, ‘And I think you need to find another line of work’.

One thing I wish was covered in the movie was the GBI telling the FBI at some point during the investigation that Jewell wasn’t their man.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

The scene that probably pissed me off the most was after 88 days (after knowing Jewell was innocent after just a few), the FBI guy went to deliver the official exoneration letter to Jewell and he just had to add that he still thought Jewell was guilty. I don't know if that was Eastwood invoking his poetic license but in any case, the FBI was just as pathetic then as it is now. It's just a shame the media and FBI are so prideful that they would rather allow innocent people to remain tarnished than to admit their mistakes.

Remember when the Obama administration attempted to blame the attack on our consulate, murder of our Ambassador, and security personnel on an "anti-Islamic" video? Who do you think arrested this poor guy (Nakoula Basseley Nakoula), so blame for the terrorist incident could be deflected to him? What FBI agent(s) formed the opinion that Nakoula's release of this video was a criminal act, worthy of charging him???

https://www.newsmax.com/US/fil...013/09/22/id/527036/

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...tube-video-as-cover/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My wife and I just walked out of the theater and talked about Oscar nominations that won’t happen. Very impressive film that paints the FBI and media with the reputation they deserve. Definitely worth seeing.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Kathy Bates was nominated for Best Supporting actress. She won't win, of course, but I am amazed that the stinking "Academy" could hold their nose and vote for any recognition of this film at all.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Got to agree with Para on all his points, especially Bates. I teared up when she turned on the TV because she had it, went into her bedroom, and cried.

Having seen all the nominated films of last year, yes this should have been nominated. It was that good. I put it in my personal top 3 films of 2019. A damn shame. The Academy is supposed to be about Art. I don’t much care who wins but I do care what is nominated. It used to be they decided the wrong winners and losers but now it’s turned into they can’t even nominate the right shit anymore.

Sadly the extreme left turned this into a hate woman deal, accusing Clint and the film of portraying Scruggs as an ambitious sleazy journalist. All the while Wilde defending her portrayal and the film. Who’d a thunk it, one of their own defending it yet it fell on deaf ears.

It bombed (no pun intended) at the box office, and that’s a damn shame. I’m regretful I didn’t go and give Clint my money but I can’t go anymore or I’ll get arrested chastising some fool to turn off their phone and put it away. I’m fearful I’ll grab the damn thing and throw it against the wall smashing it to pieces then get arrested. What a great film. Hamm, Wilde, Bates, Hauser, and my favorite in the film, Rockwell. All star cast. Great writing, great acting, great cinematography, and the start of the film, is Clint Eastwood. How the man does film of this quality and storytelling at his age is truly mind boggling.

And a big fuck you to the media the Feds. What pieces of trash. I was happy to read Jewell and the estate, sued and collected from various media outlets however that trash paper never did.

Yeah some terrorist......
quote:
On each anniversary of the bombing until his illness and eventual death, he would privately place a rose at the Centennial Olympic Park scene where spectator Alice Hawthorne died.

Green hair lesbians are acceptable today. Millennials with huge holes in their ears are ok too, complete with tats all over themselves. Fat white man? He did it and he is the devil. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

A lot of emotion in this film. Lots of sadness and anger. But good ole Clint got some in at the least expected moments. Right before a big interview Jewell says “I just want them to know I’m not gay.” Hauser and Rockwell had some solid comedic lines that were priceless amongst all the sadness.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Why the FBI agent that leaked Jewel's suspicion to Scruggs was not fired is a mystery.

The FBI's complete incompetence is directly responsible for Rudolph's other bombs that injured and killed more innocents.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I finally got to see it, albeit on the small screen. I thought it was well done and I'm glad to see his story told for the people that didn't know who he was.

FBI incompetence and arrogance, have we seen that somewhere before?

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten about this movie until the disc from Netflix showed up in my mailbox. We watched it last night. Wife and I really enjoyed it. We were in Raleigh when the events were unfolding and trying to remember what was going on then. This brought a lot of it back.
Damn good film.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, HBO is airing this film, starting tonight. You'll have plenty of chances to see it. I recommend it.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post