SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    True Detective - Season 3
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

True Detective - Season 3 Login/Join 
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
We binged the first 2 seasons. We really enjoyed both seasons, and are looking forward to season 3!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Season 1- Some of the best TV ever

Season 2- horrible

Season 3- we'll see. It shows promise. Mr. Pizzolato is at his best when he has country bumpkins to look down upon.

Ain't that right, Nick? Unlike you, I'm not ashamed of the place where I grew up, you worm.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
A bit late, but we are now starting Season 3 since we just subscribed to HBO for a month. Digging for something good to watch, I almost forgot we never saw Season 3. I think we made it halfway into one episode. Now to finish it! I heard Season 3 was good.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, Season 3 was better than Season 2, but not as good as Season 1.

As mentioned earlier, it was set and shot in Northwest Arkansas. It was definitely cool watching this season and picking out all the locations that I recognized. They changed the names of most of the buildings and some of the small towns, and even tweaked the exterior appearance (either digitally or with practical effects) of some of the buildings for the exterior shots, but for folks who live around here much of it is still readily recognizable.

What's especially interesting is that a lot of the older buildings they used are sandwiched between newer buildings, due to the large amount of growth that the area has experienced in the last couple decades. So in a number of scenes they digitally removed the newer buildings, leaving just the older ones. It can take a minute to figure out where exactly that building is, because you're so used to seeing it with different stuff around it, or with newer signage than what was shown in the series.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
In my opinion, Season 3 was better than Season 2, but not as good as Season 1.

Same for me. Like Season 1 A+, Season 2 B- or C+, and Season 3 A-. Season 2 WAS a large drop off but was somewhat entertaining.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Season 2 had the misfortune of following s.1, which was one of the finest pieces of television ever made. That said, it was still horrible, disjointed, not very compelling and poorly developed story; the music and camera work was better than the acting and dialogue, it rates no higher than a D. Pizzolato mailed s.2 in.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post