SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP #41 - Tom Seaver Dies at 75
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP #41 - Tom Seaver Dies at 75 Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted
He was a Great Pitcher, and a Great Man! I was a long-time fan of the Mets, and Tom Terrific, The Franchise....RIP #41. Frown

https://www.mlb.com/news/tom-seaver-dies-at-75

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
man oh man , those were the days.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Man, that's terrible.
I really admired him as kid back when baseball was something.
RIP Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
I saw him pitch many times when I was a kid.R.I.P.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I watched all 8 1/2 minutes of the video, and I didn’t expect to. I found myself oddly emotional watching that. I respected Seaver greatly, but I was never a fan of any of the teams he played for. I was fun to be a baseball fan back then. Maybe that’s why I felt the emotion watching Seaver’s story, it was sadness for the passing baseball as much as Tom Seaver.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The man was pure class. Rest easy TS

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The video made me sad. Also made me remember how much I miss Bob Murphy. Seeing Ralph Kiner. Waves of memories and emotions, the whole video, it all made me very sad for far more reasons that just Seaver's passing.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being born and raised in Columbus, Ohio I was a Cincinnati Reds and a ad hoc NY Yankees fan due to the Columbus Clippers.

Now, I was a fan but my father was a serious Big Red Machine fanatic and a huge Tom Seaver fan. I always liked how clean cut and quiet he seemed to be. When and did his job and wasn't a show boat

Earlier in the year I was watching a Sunday morning show and it had a segment on Tom Seaver and his career. It was a well done piece and I learned a lot. I would have swore and bet my measly yearly salary that he spent most of his time with the Reds but I would have been wrong.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and now Lou Brock is gone as well

Maybe add it to the thread title?

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Oh no! Dang. Forgive me if I’ve told this story before. My dad was a lifelong St. Louis Cardinals fan. One of my fondest childhood memories is sitting out in the car with him listening to a night ballgame. The “skip” enabled us to hear the broadcast from St. Louis pretty well, in the car. Lou Brock, Javier, Gibson, McCarver...miss you dad

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Maybe add it to the thread title?

NOW I am really sad. Frown
As a kid I was a diehard Cards fan.
Listened to almost every game on the radio.
it was in the era of Lou Brock ~ one of the greatest base thief there ever was.
RIP.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom was Terrific. Wish more Major league players were more like him. He did play for the REds too!!

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
I was a huge Seaver fan growing up. Loved it when they would have some fun and bring him out as a reliever. There was one game in the 70s during the run up to the All Star Game that Yogi Berra must have wanted to have some fun - Seaver, Matlack and Koosman all pitched in the same game. Pretty sure they still lost.

The game has changed a lot since then.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now
Bob Gibson
As well
R.i.p.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Bob Gibson was my favorite of all time, especially when I was a kid and listened to the Cards everyday.
RIP to a great, great athlete. Frown

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Read an article about him today. He may have been more competitive than Michael Jordan. He was fierce on the mound and not at all collegial with opponents off it either.