SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    weird Hills street blues episode last night
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

weird Hills street blues episode last night Login/Join 
posted
1. Dennis Franz appeared as a detective from another precinct Eek

2. He ( Franz) ended up shooting and killing a muscle guy , played by this guy
http://d1378t5yqi6qpe.cloudfro.../11/14123910/172.jpg Don Barkeley

who has been in tons of tv shows and movies.

3. Theguy that got got killed , His name was sonny Crocket ! Eek

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it's been awhile - but apparently he had a 'bit' part early on...

but he did so well that they created a recurring role for him in later seasons.

it was the success that would later lead to Andy Sipowicz working for the same creators / producers with NYPD Blue

the Sonny Crockett thing is funny though

ETA -- from wiki:

Other major roles were on the television series Hill Street Blues in which he played two characters over the run of the show. Franz first played the role of Detective Sal Benedetto, a corrupt cop in the 1983 season, who later kills himself. Due to his popularity with fans, he returned in 1985 as Lt. Norm Buntz, remaining until the show's end in 1987. He also starred in the short-lived Beverly Hills Buntz as the same character.

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Where is Hill Street Blues playing?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
on
https://www.handitv.com/lists/...ut-hill-street-blues

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
He was Sal Benedetto (a bad narcotics cop) for five episodes before he was Norman Buntz on Hill Street Blues.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5479 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Where is Hill Street Blues playing?

Hulu

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
What is weird is that you are still watching that series after more than 30 years. Wink

It was pretty good, but . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What is weird is that you are still watching that series after more than 30 years. Wink

Nostalgia can be a powerful thing. I recently started re-watching The Fall Guy on Hulu, from the beginning. Really enjoy it, haha! Also, I want that truck.....

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I loved HSB in it's day, and loved Franz's character, but I can't bring myself to watch such old-ass shows anymore. The poor image and sound quality is distracting.

quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
Nostalgia can be a powerful thing. I recently started re-watching The Fall Guy on Hulu, from the beginning.

No way I could stomach a full episode, but I have rewatched the beginning, just so I could once again see Heather Thomas in a bikini...

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is weird is that you are still watching that series after more than 30 years

life on broadcast tv isn't for everyone

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Hill Street and Homicide Life on the Streets are two shows I will watch anytime I can find them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Another one that's made the rounds Razz

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ol' Henry Goldblum...

a useless bleeding heart liberal from the 80s

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hill Street and Homicide Life on the Streets are two shows I will watch anytime I can find them.

Have to agree with that. Both were great shows!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to think the dark-haired girl on Hill Street Blues was SO hot !

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ye, that's good TV trivia that I recite at times. Sal Benedetto, then Norman Buntz, then Andy Sipowicz.

Some of you may remember that after Hill Street Blues left the air, there was a short-lived spinoff- Beverly Hills Buntz

CUT to the member who can tell me the name of the actor who had the last line in the final episode of Hill Street Blues, and what three words he said.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Wow. 40 minutes without a response.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Huh. This is an easy one for me, but I’ve got my CUT so I won’t take someone’s opportunity.

To add - I thought it was two words. Now I’m curious.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Answering the same question earned me *my* cut. Big Grin

And yes, it's two words, not three.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I saw the last episode only when it aired on NBC, so my memory on it is a bit fuzzy because that was over thirty years ago, but I could have sworn it was three words. The first two words will do just fine, then.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post