SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I am enjoying GLOW waaaaay too much.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am enjoying GLOW waaaaay too much. Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Should I seek professional help?? Big Grin

Seriously, Marc Maron is hilarious. Binge watched Season 1, then watched the documentary on the actual GLOW. Pretty neat how they mirrored it.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I ain't afraid to admit that I found Season 1 to be extremely entertaining. Season 2 drops in the near future.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We didn't think we would possibly like Season 1 but we did.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gorgeous ladies of wrestling?

Posts: 1067 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nshumway:

Yep Big Grin
I too enjoyed Season 1. I like Alison Brie, but Marc Maron makes the show.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nshumway:

So when I posted "gorgeous ladies of wrestling?" I had no idea what the show even was. I was making a joke that it was the GLOW from the 1980s. Fast forward I saw it on Netflix- it actually is gorgeous ladies of wrestling- just a new show about it.

Do you remember the original show in the 80s?

Posts: 1067 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Season 2 was pretty good too. The show about GLOW is far and away better than GLOW ever was.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it.

Marc Maron makes that show. The rest is just gravy.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying it, thanks for the tip.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else get the "Glow survey" email? Big Grin

I just took the survey, leaving positive feedback. lol

I kind of like that and wouldn't be opposed to doing it for other ntflix content... because much of it is just damn awful.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got through the 1st season...pretty good. Maron is hilarious, he really does carry the show. He plays the insufferable SOB to a T.

Only gripe, started to get a bit annoyed with the Republican bashing, one episode fine, but started to get ratcheted up towards the end. There seems to be a constant theme with 'throw-back', 80's era shows who like to take pot-shots at Republicans. Costuming and styles is spot-on, I remember my mom wearing some of those dresses during the 1st episode auditions Ruth went to.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Lots of fun. Maron was great.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Season 3 just dropped! Maron is still owning the show. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Started watching season 3 last night, seems something is missing.Just OK so far

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The plot has wandered a bit too far.

posted Hide Post
Jeessh, season-3 is simply a female catharsis exercise

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post