Find
Notify
Tools

The Accountant Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

While not the greatest actor he has directed 3 incredibly good films and has a 4th coming out soon. Of his directed films I enjoyed his first, Gone Baby Gone, the best. That movie is like a love letter to South Boston....if South Boston was your abusive significant other that you still couldn't shake lose from.

I loved the Town, and Argo was good also. Fucking John Goodman was great in that, as always.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
His next one

http://youtu.be/be-u-L-HHSg

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
His next one

http://youtu.be/be-u-L-HHSg

I'm looking forward to this one... Dusty... I didn't know he directed the others.. Thanks for sharing both.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Just got back from seeing this finally. Loved it. Great movie. Better than I expected and I had somewhat high expectations. One of his best movies IMO.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Just saw it with my wife last night. Our theater was also packed. I loved it and will definitely buy it on blu ray when able. It really did have a little bit of everything - action, comedy, drama. I thought it was extremely well done and hope they produce more Accountant movies.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I know this is an old thread but if you haven't seen this yet it's worth a watch, we saw it this weekend on Amazon and really liked it. The wife and I both joked that it seems the best way to make Ben Affleck a good actor is for him to portray a high-functioning Autistic guy. Big Grin Good back story and it was certainly fun every time he brought out the big 50 cal. Cool

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I know this is an old thread but if you haven't seen this yet it's worth a watch, we saw it this weekend on Amazon and really liked it. The wife and I both joked that it seems the best way to make Ben Affleck a good actor is for him to portray a high-functioning Autistic guy. Big Grin Good back story and it was certainly fun every time he brought out the big 50 cal. Cool

I liked the movie. I didn't think he was great as a savant, at least when he was rattled, but otherwise the gun play and action was good.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
HEAVY SIGH

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After reading the thread about the "Accountant vs John Wick", the wife and I were intrigued enough to find the movie and watch it this afternoon. I must say, I'm disappointed in myself for letting this one slip by when it came out. We both thought it was an outstanding movie and look forward to seeing the next installment (if there is one).

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it appears those of us waiting for a sequel are in luck.

http://halfguarded.com/the-acc...d-release-date-news/

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
Well, it appears those of us waiting for a sequel are in luck.

http://halfguarded.com/the-acc...d-release-date-news/

WTF is that web site? Like a 10 year old wrote it.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
resurrecting this necro-thread...

was out of town on business this weekend and watched this on HBO at the hotel.

Great movie! Kinda weird tie-in at the end but still - very entertaining.

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
resurrecting this necro-thread...

was out of town on business this weekend and watched this on HBO at the hotel.

Great movie! Kinda weird tie-in at the end but still - very entertaining.

---------------------------------

I like the tie-in. It made sense to me. What I like about it is that it never got to be a question about who was helping him until near the end so it was like a cherry on top.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post