Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Accountant Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Damn. I may have to go see it after all.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Saw it tonight, was good. Definitely a "see it on the big-screen" action movie.

Not a fan of Ben's politics either, but he is pretty good at his job. When I pay a monkey to dance, I want him to be a good dancer and really don't care who he votes for.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the theater. Solid movie with some twists and yes, a few laughs. Plenty of good gunfighting without drowning out the plot.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yes it was an entertaining movie, liked it.
I kinda wish Anna Kendrick's part was a bit beefier but still no complaints.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw it, and thought it was very good. They did a very good job at showing parts of the past that led up to the current as flashbacks. A very good job at combining accounting story and action aspects of it. The ending was sort of weird, sat there for a minute thinking "The movie is over???". It definately set itself up for a sequel.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
Was good.

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
John Wick meets A Beautiful Mind. I enjoyed it.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it. Loved it. This is a movie I would buy when it comes out on video. Only minor issue I had was one flashback scene that kind of confused me on the timeline of events. Didn't keep me from enjoying the movie, though.

I've said before that John Wick was probably my favorite non-superhero action movie to come out in the last few years, but The Accountant could give it a run for its money. I especially liked the mystery aspect of the story.

I hope it becomes a series of movies.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
I saw it. Loved it. This is a movie I would buy when it comes out on video. Only minor issue I had was one flashback scene that kind of confused me on the timeline of events. Didn't keep me from enjoying the movie, though.

I've said before that John Wick was probably my favorite non-superhero action movie to come out in the last few years, but The Accountant could give it a run for its money. I especially liked the mystery aspect of the story.

I hope it becomes a series of movies.

My guess is they're already filming #2......by the ending that wasn't really an end.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Wife and I went and saw it tonight...we were going to stay in but after reading this thread decided to go out

Glad we did...I really, really liked it

Nothing was really a surprise but that didn't change how much I enjoyed it

I pretty much agree with everything said...I would have liked a little more Anna Kendrick too...and Jon Berenthal...but you only have so much time

I would definitely watch another

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Just saw it. Excellent movie, very entertaining, and tightly written.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I also forgot to say, even though we were in one of the smaller rooms of the multiplex where I was, the theater was packed..I was surprised by that since its been out a little while

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
We just got back from the 11:00 a.m. showing.

We both liked it and would recommend it.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
One of the best movies I've seen this year.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Agree, this is the best movie of the year so far.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the last few comments. I really enjoyed it and so did my wife who is not a huge action fan.

I might have to say, most enjoyable I have seen in a while.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I posted over in the Jack Reacher 2 thread that I saw The Accountant yesterday. Excellent movie and I will buy the DVD when it comes out.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
NOT A FAN OF BEN...
That said. I didn't know anything about the movie. Which was probably a good thing.

I went as a tag a long with my daughter and her husband. I got a Big bucket of popcorn and was ready to be unimpressed... I was not expecting much I mean it's Ben Afleck...

Holy crap it was great movie. We all agreed it was a solid "9" on a 10 scale.
Good plot. The Action was believable overall.
Perhaps Aflecks best movie IMHO ever. Skip Jack Reacher and see the "Accountant"

IT's set up for a 2nd movie... but no final trailer after credits...

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw it and also really liked it. The disappointment to me was J.K. Simmons' character doing an hour's worth of character development by telling a story for five minutes. I lament every damn movie being over two hours long anymore, but I felt like there was so much room to explore the characters and develop them organically and this was a cop out. This story could have been a multi season television series. I'm somewhat hopeful for a franchise.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
NOT A FAN OF BEN...
That said. I didn't know anything about the movie. Which was probably a good thing.

I went as a tag a long with my daughter and her husband. I got a Big bucket of popcorn and was ready to be unimpressed... I was not expecting much I mean it's Ben Afleck...

Holy crap it was great movie. We all agreed it was a solid "9" on a 10 scale.
Good plot. The Action was believable overall.
Perhaps Aflecks best movie IMHO ever. Skip Jack Reacher and see the "Accountant"

IT's set up for a 2nd movie... but no final trailer after credits...

While not the greatest actor he has directed 3 incredibly good films and has a 4th coming out soon. Of his directed films I enjoyed his first, Gone Baby Gone, the best. That movie is like a love letter to South Boston....if South Boston was your abusive significant other that you still couldn't shake lose from.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post