Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Accountant Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone else seen the previews for The Accountant? It looks like it might be pretty good.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, will probably go see it this weekend, it opens in three days.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm on the fence about this one. The previews are intriguing, but I'm not sure it's enough to get me into the theater to see it. Maybe when it comes out on video.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I'm going this weekend.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see it but I can't stand affleck..

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:

Same here, but I do like Anna Kendrick.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it looks like it will be a good movie. I plan on seeing it at the theater.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to hear some reviews, but no spoilers, please.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'm in! Ever since the first trailer I thought it looked interesting.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
I think I dislike Ben Affleck too much to see it. I'm curious about people's thoughts though.

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fau:
I think I dislike Ben Affleck too much to see it. I'm curious about people's thoughts though.
I'm in the same camp.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Excellent film. Very character driven and more drama than action, but excellent. Well written, directed, and acted. Pretty cool seeing a rifle dope chart. Lots of great pistols. I know this is comic book derived but the story is excellent, especially the back story. I like when writers, directors, and producers can actually think, and don't make films to the lowest common denominator thinking. Made with some intellect. Little bit of John Wick in it too. Some good twists also.
Thumbs way up.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Im not a fan of Ben but I thought he did very well in The Town. Ill probably see it.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have never liked him, not even in Law & Order, I did watch the WWII movie about the raid on the POW camp in the Philippines with him and it was a pretty good flick but, still didn't make me like him any better.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am going to go see it this weekend. I haven't been to a theater to see a movie in several years but this one seems worth it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
quote:

I have never liked him, not even in Law & Order, I did watch the WWII movie about the raid on the POW camp in the Philippines with him and it was a pretty good flick but, still didn't make me like him any better.

Are you thinking of Benjamin Bratt? Affleck wasn't in The Great Raid or Law and Order as far as I know.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the fact that Affleck and his little buddy Matt Damon are now considered "action heroes". The worst part is that they're actually pretty good at it.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Going to the 8pm showing tonight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
To add -

I recommend. Try to avoid spoilers if you can, an ending you might see coming, but it is done well.

More dialog than action, but it is good dialog and I like that the villain can be 'bad' without needing to see him do things that would make you want to cover your eyes -

The action is pretty cool - kinda sorta John Wick like.

Will leave it at that for now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I saw it last night and we both really enjoy it. Good action , drama and some pretty good laughs too.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post