SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted
The universal greeting?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Probably the most powerful line in the movie:

"Megatron must be stopped... no matter the cost."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Probably the most powerful line in the movie:

"Megatron must be stopped... no matter the cost."

♪You got the touch♪

My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
You, Starscream? This is bad comedy.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Saw it when it at release in the theater. I was in shock when Megatron blew Ironhide's head off. Best scene is when Prime hauls ass into Autobot City kicking ass and taking names.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
In grad school, we used to always say "Your bargaining posture is...highly dubious" when someone wanted to go out for a drink.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've given the universal greeting many a time, usually to someone who has no clue what I'm saying. Poor bastards.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Guilty or innocent?

Innocent.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Saw it when it at release in the theater. I was in shock when Megatron blew Ironhide's head off. Best scene is when Prime hauls ass into Autobot City kicking ass and taking names.

Same here. I was 9 when I saw it in the theater and couldn't believe that I just witnessed several Autobots getting murdered.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

Same here. I was 9 when I saw it in the theater and couldn't believe that I just witnessed several Autobots getting murdered.

It's definitely more violent than we're used to, but as a reader of the comics I knew it could be pretty violent in other countries. Marvel did a one-issue cross-over with their UK variant and there were front-line Transformers from each faction getting capped left and right. I couldn't understand how the series could survive over there with the kind of mortality rate shown in that one issue alone.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
The Transformers movie was one of the better cinematic experiences I've had. I was in high school when it came out and not a fan, but my friend wanted to see it, and I accompanied him. The theater was packed with little kids, mostly boys. They were all hyped and pumped up even more with sugar from junk food and soft drinks.

Towards the beginning, when the base is being attacked, there's a scene where Soundwave (?) sends four cassette tape robots out of his chest to attack the communications tower. They overwhelm the radio operator who screams for Blaster (?) to save himself and bail. Blaster replies, "No way! Two can play!" and sends four of his cassette robots out of his chest to battle the bad robots.

When that happened, the entire theater screamed and cheered and all these pumped-up kids jumped on top of their seats and popcorn and Milk Duds and Junior Mints all went soaring into the air. I just busted out laughing at the chaos. I miss being an age where I could be that excited over something on the screen. That silly cartoon was one of my most memorable theater experiences ever.

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's definitely more violent than we're used to, but as a reader of the comics I knew it could be pretty violent in other countries. Marvel did a one-issue cross-over with their UK variant and there were front-line Transformers from each faction getting capped left and right. I couldn't understand how the series could survive over there with the kind of mortality rate shown in that one issue alone.

I was a freshman in high school when the movie came out. The comics in the US were more violent and prone to killing off characters too. I think it was just the 5th issue when Shockwave killed half of the universe. Of course who ever really dies in Transformers? Big Grin

When Prime dies in the movie I still get a quiver in my lip. Hearing the music from that scene gets to me. I was, however, glad they finally showed the raw power of Megatron and Prime when the shit hit the fan. Also loved the final actual betrayal of Starscream on the trip back to Cybertron.

Megatron: But I still function!
Starscream: *smirk* Not for long....

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bondo. And my dad has a gnarly set of tools.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post