SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Suits season 8 sans Mike Ross
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suits season 8 sans Mike Ross Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Anyone else finding the "new" episodes without Mike Ross and Rachel Zane and with Samantha Wheeler (Heigl) far less engaging than previous seasons?

Still love Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Totally agree. Now the show is just meh. They would be better off jettisoning the Alex and Samantha characters. The base note of the show was always the warm relationships between the characters. This new iteration has the interactions based on conflict instead.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not the same, but I'm still in for now.

I do like the exchanges between Harvey and Robert, and Samantha is growing on me.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
The Donna, so sexy and cute. I don't now if Sarah Rafferty is a great actress, but she plays the character perfectly.

Katherine Heigl, I can not stand. I never liked her in anything she's ever done and I am typically happy when I see her written off shows when I binge them.

This will most likely be the final season, the ratings will drop and USA will have to decide which way to go. Downward, or start new.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well tonight I think they have definitely blown it.

SPOILERS

Louis can't tell Zane he was mugged as the reason he missed a client meeting. GIVE ME A BREAK

Zane pulling rank on Donna and Harvey. And more seemingly more appropriate for Days of Our Lives. Frown

The whole dynamic of the series has taking a royal dump from my point of view. (pun intended)

Only saving grace is watching Donna. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the original premise of Mike Ross the boy genius was brilliant but then the show got lost with inter-company and client politics.
Originally I loved it but it has morphed into something else and not for the good. Frown

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Agreed, this show is done. It was a good run, but without Mike it's worthless.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to find a reason to watch without Mike. It sounds like I am not missing anything. Too many shows I enjoy keep the series going too long.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Yeah, the original premise of Mike Ross the boy genius was brilliant but then the show got lost with inter-company and client politics.
Originally I loved it but it has morphed into something else and not for the good. Frown

+1

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post