SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Spider-Man: Homecoming
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spider-Man: Homecoming Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted
Go see it

It sets the standard for comic book movies since the Dark Knight

It was amazing

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Bought my tickets a week ago.
Headed to see it tomorrow Smile

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm going to see it today, but have been worried that it's going to be more like Iron Man and Friends: Spiderman's Homecoming.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it, loved it. Exceeded my already high expectations. Spidey was my character growing up so I'm so happy to see the definitive Spider-man on the big screen. Spider-man 2 was great but Tobey Maguire was not right for Spidey.

Keaton killed it as Vulture and was a legit scary villain.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
Quite possibly the best Marvel movie made to date. The story was fantastic, and the plot twist was unexpected.

Mini spoilers

I love how they showed his struggle to learn his powers so well and it was great how they showed his struggles in the suburbs.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Really liked it. The after-credit scene is awesome, just be patient.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Really? Awesome. I've been pretty disappointed with the other Spidey movies to date, so I wasn't making this a priority.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolffy88:
Quite possibly the best Marvel movie made to date. The story was fantastic, and the plot twist was unexpected.

Mini spoilers

I love how they showed his struggle to learn his powers so well and it was great how they showed his struggles in the suburbs.

That worked sooooo much better than showing his actual origin AGAIN. What a great idea.

The Amazing Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) came on FX a hour or so ago and I just turned it off because no only is it a MEH movie, but I don't want to watch half a movie of him becoming Spidey.

Just give me Spidey stopping small crimes and being a wise ass and I'm happy!!

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I was apprehensive of another spidey movie. I have been pretty pissed at what they have done with the Marvel Universe. the first half of the movie I was stuck in the past and complaining about what they were doing.

The second half of the movie was better. I was mildly surprised and intrigued by the second half of the flick. I mostly enjoyed the group of characters assembled. I thought. Mr mom was great as vulture.

The leftist "protesting is patriotic" reared its ugly head and got an eye roll and a grumble from me.

I hope they stick with the little bad guys and him being a smart ass too.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
The leftist "protesting is patriotic" reared its ugly head and got an eye roll and a grumble from me.

We can agree to disagree it being leftist but to be fair, is there a single High School teacher in all of NYC who doesn't think that?

Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Saw the Toby McGuire Spideys.

Did not see the Amazing Spidermans.

Was thrilled to see Peter represented in civil war and that has carried over to this movie. It's, by far, the best Spidey yet.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
No spoilers, but Marisa Tomei gets what may be the best line in a comic book movie so far.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SecurityGeek,

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Confused She didn't say that line in the movie.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I liked Andrew Garfield as Spidey and really liked Emma Stone. The movies were just ok...

But I liked the kid playing Spiderman in CA:CW sovIm excited about this one.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
Really liked it. The after-credit scene is awesome, just be patient.

I see what you did there :P

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Best Spidey movie this far. I too expected less and got more. I'd like to see them nail Punisher.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved it!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was that Gwyneth Paltrow at the end? She did not look 55!

I saw the scene of Michael Keaton in prison and then left after lots of credits, did I miss something?

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Best Spidey movie this far. I too expected less and got more. I'd like to see them nail Punisher.

They did in the Daredevil Netflix series, season 2. Best Punisher ever.

Hated Dolph Lungren, the Thomas Jane version, and the one with Ray Stevenson. The show nails it.

"You knock em down and they get back up. I put them down and they stay down."

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Exceeded my expectations. Marissa Tomei channeling her inner Mona Lisa Vito for the final line...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post