SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Cheers: Entire run on Netflix.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheers: Entire run on Netflix. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name....

Haven't watched the show I grew up on since it was on the air. Maybe you grew up on Dick Van Dyke, or MASH, or Sienfeld, but I grew up on Cheers. Watching as an adult brings an entirely different understanding of the material, of course. Getting into season 2 now, and it's at once both familiar and new.

Starting to realize now that my first real girlfriend had the Shelley Long thing going on, lol.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Great show. I was watching with my son and showing him how there is no internet, no cell phones, no cable TV even. And the world still went on....

Probably the best sitcom ever, or at least top 3. Too many awesome episodes to list

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What color is the sky in your world?

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It was a good show, but I don't know that I want to re-watch lots of episodes. I'd be afraid it wasn't quite as good as I recall. There is something about seeing them when they are new, fresh and in their time.

Not a lot of TV holds up. "Andy Griffith" does. "All in the Family." "Barney Miller." "Homicide." Not much, though.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It's actually been on Netflix for a couple of years. I tried rewatching the series before I moved in 2016 but lost interest midway through the second season.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Doesn't hold up, in my opinion. It is a good show, just not one of the best.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It had its moments.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Woody - How’s life treating you Mr. Peterson?

Norm - Like a baby treats a diaper...

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Screaming Viking!

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I think it still holds up, so many great episodes

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Can not see myself watching the near traitorous woody harrelson.

His advocating the sabotage of aircraft carriers and willingness to provide safe harbor to those who do put a really bad taste in my mouth for him as a person and employee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LS1 GTO,

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post