SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    All I tuned into Super Bowl 55 was for this flyover
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All I tuned into Super Bowl 55 was for this flyover Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
The B-1B is from our local USAF base. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Saw the B-52 flanked by 2 B-1B's turning low and slow during rush hour in South County Hillsborough on Thursday.

Was quite the sight. Only time I was glad to be at a red light.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I thought Troy Aikman said you would not see these waste of taxpayers money fly overs under a Biden Harris administration?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
B52 should have led the way.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Yeah but...isn’t LIV, 54?

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe the old BUFF has been flying since before the Super Bowl was technically a thing. Smile

I love how the B1B looks so sleek and fast and the B2 is all space age and the B52 is trailing smoke, screeching overhead like a smoker from Firefly muttering in my day we didn’t care if they saw us bombing the shit out of them. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Ah..............NO

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Uh oh. All the hats that the winners were wearing said LIV

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Ah..............NO

Well, yeah, LIV IS 54, but this indeed was SB 55. You’re right, I’m wrong. You’re better, I’m worse. You’re happy, I’m sad... Big Grin

I’ll add, I was thrown off by the logo with the trophy in the middle that I mistook for an “I.”

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Oh I see. It was the logo that was throwing me off. They put the trophy in the middle.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Uh oh. All the hats that the winners were wearing said LIV

Not really. The Roman numerals framed the Lombardy Trophy making it look like 54.

Pretty lousy graphics.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
52+2+1=55 for Super Bowl 55. Cool

Posts: 2641 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That had to be pretty loud - those planes make a lot of noise. The sound of FREEDOM.

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
And look at all that anti aircraft fire!

Posts: 21054 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some great stills of the flyover plus a few additional videos:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-w...-bomber-trio-flyover

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sigmund,

That has to be the best video of the flyover I've seen. Thanks.

And I agree with that article's closing comment:
"Now if we could just get a trio of B-1Bs with afterburners lit to do it next time..." Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
B52 should have led the way.

I'm thinking the B-2 crew would rather be the lead, than in the turbulence from the BUFF. Wink

The Bone crew had to be groaning, flying at low altitude/wings unswept.

"This sucks" Big Grin

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Sigmund,

"if we could just get a trio of B-1Bs with afterburners lit to do it next time..." Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

That would do serious damage to both structures and human bodies. Just one in afterburner rattled these old bones at an airshow a number of years ago. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I've watched a pair of B-1Bs take off from EAFB with full afterburners before. Yup... bone rattling (pun intended)! Big Grin

Here's some videos for fun Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I thought Troy Aikman said you would not see these waste of taxpayers money fly overs under a Biden Harris administration?

I said the exact thing to my wife, can't stand either one of those talking heads.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post