SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    American Horror Story:Cult
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Horror Story:Cult Login/Join 
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted
DVR'd it last night,watching it now. It leads off with the election night footage of Trump and Clinton. I suspect the entire show will be centered around Evil Trump.

Good Lord.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They had a decent show season 1.

The rest has been absolute shit - I used to watch the first episode of the new season, but I don't even bother anymore.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Freakshow and the voodoo/New Orleans seasons best. Didn't much care for Season 2 or Hotel.

I'll give this one a shot at some point, but I haven't seen last season yet either.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

The rest has been absolute shit - I used to watch the first episode of the new season, but I don't even bother anymore.

Agreed. I keep hoping they will produce a good product but I end up disappointed.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Not true.
Some of the seasons are better than others though.
This one may have some liberal twinges in it but I enjoyed watching the Hillaryites suffering. Smile

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I've watched every AHS with mixed responses, mostly positive. I can't imagine Cult will do anything but dive deeper into the fever swamp. Surely this is the last AHS, it looks like Ryan Murphy is padding his resume.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Dammit. More clowns.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The dude confirmed all seasons are related somehow. The popular theory is that it's a nod to Dante and the seven deadly sins, and as such - seven seasons would be all of it.

I don't believe that part has been confirmed, fwiw, just that they're connected somehow, but various articles detail the theory and how each sin corresponds to each season.

I'm always perplexed when folks say they didn't like Freakshow and Coven. Freakshow in particular was exceptionally well done, and maybe the best overall.

And even though I don't believe any of the supernatural bits, I did grow up down south, and have been to New Orleans a ton, and done the voodoo tours and all that when younger, and Coven spins and incorporates all of that as well as anyone or anything ever has, like Anne Rice and so on.

Different strokes, I guess.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed every season so far except Asylum (just didn't get into it) and Roanoke, where I just didn't care for the style. Admittedly I quit halfway through the season, so I may need to re-visit it.

I'm a little disappointed with the premise of this season.

As a rule, I try to avoid "real life" politics in my entertainment. I deal with it every day with both my civilian and military careers...when I get home to relax and watch TV or a movie, I don't want to be bombarded with the same BS I just clocked off from.

It's not that I don't like politics per se, I love the political machinations of Game of Thrones, and I'll watch House of Cards when I'm in the mood. But this seems like it's going to be a bit much, which is a shame because again I've really enjoyed AHS so far.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
It feels familiar, but not in a good way. The hallucinations and mental breakdowns have all been done to death in seasons past. The election night reactions were fun to see though. Big Grin

I was surprised with the amount of F bombs they dropped in one just episode. There were five and they were done loud and proud. Eek That's like Game of Thrones premiere cable territory.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I couldn't get into the few episodes I tried to watch. I won't even be giving this one a chance because it has that ignorant troll Lena Dunham in it.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I want to like AHS so bad. I really enjoyed the first season, Coven, Asylum....even Hotel... It's a unique series and has so much potential.

The writers just try to cram so much weird shit in and they make it hard for me to keep watching. If they're getting political, I'm done with it. You'd think the writers would realize that the country is politically fatigued and skip that sorta bull shit.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I thought Freakshow was amazing but haven't been able to get through any of the other seasons.

Posts: 1968 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
I thought Freakshow was amazing but haven't been able to get through any of the other seasons.

I think the singing turned me off.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I loved Freakshow, and season 1 was pretty good. I enjoyed Hotel too, but the rest of them have been so-so to me.
This one holds some promise, but I'm waiting to see which way it goes. If it goes to the story of the snowflakes melting down like the first episode, then I'll keep watching. If it just turns into a Trump slamfest, I'll hang it up.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Every season I tune, and by mid season, every season thus far, its lost me.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7506 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post