SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Don't let me burn, Waldo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't let me burn, Waldo Login/Join 
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted
man, this movie has so many sad moments.

The scene with Mary Beth. heartbreaking.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Yep, I like that movie also. It's a look at a different time.

When I was a kid I used to carry gas cans in a little wagon for fish spotters. (Menhaden). They would land on the island on a back road and refuel.

One of the spotters was probably in his late 60's and flew a Piper Cub. No pilot's license. Had been flying for years and years. He had the experience-
Bought his Cub out of a barn and put it back together. Different world now.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Yeah, airplanes were sort of like the opening of a new frontier, but instead of cowboys on the open plains, there were pilots and surplus bi-planes

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post