SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    X-Files (2018)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files (2018) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
That was the strangest show I've seen in quite some time.

That was pretty weird, all right.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I still don't understand it. Not just the latest episode but this season in general.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Skynet's cousin, all the smart devices communicate and develop a singular AI, Scully and Mulder taught a lesson. Pretty good, I guess, or maybe too cute by half.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
That was the strangest show I've seen in quite some time.

That was pretty weird, all right.

Totally agree with both of you. The only thing I can figure is that it was somehow warning us that machines are taking over the world. The beginning of Skynet

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
The main thing that I got was to definitely leave a tip while you have time! Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I liked this past week’s episode just because it was different and it really shows how the world has gone bonkers with technology. Was nice to see in the end Mulder and Scully putting their phones down and holding hands in the diner, a reconnection with humanity.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I actually had the opportunity to go to a X-files “convention” if you will over the weekend as it was being hosted only about 20 minutes away from where I live. No Mulder or Scully which sucked, but they had Skinner (Mitch Peleggi), Krycek (Nicholas Lea), Smoking man (William B Davis), among some others from various episodes including the Pusher guy, Tooms, and Duane Barry. Ended up getting close enough for some pics and met a couple of them. Nicholas Lea was really a super nice guy and William B Davis had a smile on his face the whole time which was nice to see. Didn’t get to talk to Mitch, as he was swamped with people all over. Was a good time. Had Duchovny and Anderson been there though it would have been crazy.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Now that was a freaky deaky episode!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I really disliked tonight's show for many reasons. I won't waste my time thinking about it except to say that killing kids was never done at one time.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Was a great episode in my opinion kind of throw back to old school days. Though I will echo that having the kids die was a little disturbing.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I liked the black wolf and witchcraft stuff but the kids part was a bit disturbing.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
You can go back to "M" with Peter Lorre in 1931 to find child killing. Several others since then, more about the horror of the crimes and the people affected. The kids in "X Files" were props. We spent a lot of time with them, wallowed in their innocence and I say it was strictly gratuitous and cheap.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Episode last night was decent, not spectacular, but decent. Dialogue between Mulder and Scully was probably the best part at the end in the Church. Not sure how they will be able to wrap it up in one episode though we will see next week.

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
They're only calling it a season finale but don't we pretty much know that this is it or are they hoping to bring it back even without Mulder and Scully?

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
All I heard was Scully is out next year so perhaps Mulder will do one more season? I don’t know though they have to be feeing done with it. There really isn’t anything worth telling anymore, as much as I have loved the idea of x-files coming back. I have very much enjoyed some of the episodes this season, but the main story arc is meh to me. I can’t imagine they would kill off Scully or Mulder though we shall see. It would be nice to see the Smoking man bite it at least finally! I also have a bad feeling about Skinner’s character checking out.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
All I heard was Scully is out next year so perhaps Mulder will do one more season? I don’t know though they have to be feeing done with it. There really isn’t anything worth telling anymore, as much as I have loved the idea of x-files coming back. I have very much enjoyed some of the episodes this season, but the main story arc is meh to me. I can’t imagine they would kill off Scully or Mulder though we shall see. It would be nice to see the Smoking man bite it at least finally! I also have a bad feeling about Skinner’s character checking out.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Well that finale was both good and bad. Clearly Smoking man could still be alive. Shot several times center mass though could have been wearing a vest. Easily could have floated to safety. Skinner also is still alive if they continue the series as he looked to dive under the car and we don’t see him actually die, just his legs sticking out. Reyes has to be dead. Headshot I mean c’mon.

As far as the whole story kinda weird that Mulder and especially Scully can get over William being shot dead (even though he is apparently immortal) after searching for him for almost 2 decades. Lab baby or not he was still her son. Cool that she is preggo again though and it was nice to see her and Mulder embrace in the end.

Stuff that sucks though is that there are still A lot of potential loopholes as it seems writers and directors are so afraid to end a character for fear of not being able to continue the series with as many viewers so we’re always left wondering if things really happened for good or not which is hard to get any sort of real closure. Personally I’d rather see them end it clear-cut, tie every loose end and make it so that there would be absolutely nothing ever to tell in the future as much as I like the series.

In the end I did end up liking the season more as it went on than what I thought of it in the beginning couple episodes, but overall as good as it was it wais nowhere near as good as the original series, but I sort of expected that. I kind a got sick of Scullys deep voice too and I’m still unclear why she whispered all the time and had such a deeper voice, some people say online it’s from history of smoking while others say she just forgot how to do Scully‘s voice which is utter BS in my opinion. I guess we will see what happens in years to come. Funny thing is as bad as it ever gets I’ll still probably always watch it because of that nostalgic feeling I have for The X-Files. Ramble complete.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Yep, they definitely made the ending in a way that they can do one more season if they want...

Neither Smoking Man or Skinner is “confirmed” dead yet and William is alive. Reyes is definitely dead.

I did think it was funny how everything was okay now that Scully is pregnant again and William gets quickly forgotten about. Maybe a jealous William can come back for revenge since they left him as fish food and be angry at his mom once he sees them with their “proper” child, haha.

If everyone IS actually dead, then they basically went Walking Dead style. William blowing multiple people up with his mind was the highlight for me.

And Scully sure does sound raspy like a 30 year smoker. It’s pretty rough. She could also use a steak or two.

The mistake they made with these two most recent seasons is rushing the main story in only two one hour episodes to start and end each season. I like the monster of the week shows but those are only a moment in time and quickly forgotten. Invest more time in the overarching story than a total of four episodes in two seasons.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Yeah I love the stand alone episodes a lot too though perhaps another episode or two for the main arc would have e been more helpful so as not to feel so rushed.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Yeah I love the stand alone episodes a lot too though perhaps another episode or two for the main arc would have e been more helpful so as not to feel so rushed.

This has pretty much been the story of X-Files ever since it began. But I guess it makes sense. Because if they show the guy who “wants to believe” the “truth that is out there” then the show would be over.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post