SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    X-Files (2018)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files (2018) Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
So I absolutely loved the show back in the 90's. Prolly my favorite tv show ever. Casting perfect. Lighting and sound perfect. Dialogue perfect. Storyline close to perfect IMHO. Hated to see it go, but it had run its course. Fast forward to 2016, season 10. 6 episodes, most of which I liked, though not as great as the original. Of course how could it be, actors are all 20 years older and it's tough to make up a new storyline that's as enthralling, especially with 6 episodes. It was sort of a tester I believe and people are it up and asked for more. Of course we had to wait another 2 whole years and here we are. Now let me get this straight, I will always love the X-Files and will watch every new episode, though these new ones thus far (2 episodes in out of total 10 this season) are not what I expected.

I feel like they are trying to make them more agile and bad ass than they ever were in terms of fighting and gun handling. Tonight's episode they killed more bad guys than they did in entire previous seasons. Also, I'm not digging how they are writing Skinner's character. He was their friend as has been through a lot with them now all the sudden they don't trust each other again? Why?

I always liked the episodes filmed in Vancouver with the forest scenery and the dark nature backgrounds. Was perfectly eerie and creepy much of the time. I'm not sure where they film nowadays, but the scenes just aren't set up the same. And it seems that the actors are trying too hard whereas prior it was so much more smooth and natural. I don't know, perhaps I'm missing something or not interpreting correctly. I'm just venting I guess.

I'm hopeful that I'll start to like the season more as it unfolds. I really ended up liking a few episodes from season 10 in 2016 as much as any of the old ones so there is hope yet for 2018's season. Other than finding their son William though I'm hoping for some good old monster of the week episodes and to get away from the main story arc.

Anyone else watching? What are your takes from it thus far?

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8210076534

The second episode was much better than the first but not without some serious problems. Or maybe I'm expecting them to pull the rug out from under me. Again.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Supposedly Gillian Anderson has said this is it for her, Quitting after this season. So far the story line plays to me like they are writing the end of the series. I too would love some more monster of the week shows.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
As much as I thought I'd hate it to end for good I'm all for them wrapping it up this season.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Yep. It's gone to the birds.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I like the old X-files, this season is a sleeper so far..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Always will been an X Files fan. Been with it since the beginning. I remember going to an X Files convention back in the 90’s. Skinner and the Lone Gunmen were there.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I am a fan. While I enjoy the alien storyline, I liked the other unrelated stories.
Two good ones stand out: "Home" and one where there are creature's in the woods that have camo like the Predator.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've watched the first two new episodes. Having never seen any of the previous stuff, I can't compare. But I haven't disliked these, and will continue watching.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
So this is it? I haven't started it yet buy sounds like ill be able to multi task through it and not miss much

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They're squeezing this dry and ruining it in the process.

Gotta get every last cent they can out of this. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Always will been an X Files fan. Been with it since the beginning. I remember going to an X Files convention back in the 90’s. Skinner and the Lone Gunmen were there.

I see now Skinner has since jumped ship (no pun intended) and is now on the bridge of the Daedalus as the skipper on Stargate Atlantis..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always been a fan and will continue to watch it until the end. It can't be as bad as some of the other crap out there.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Don’t get me wrong I’m still a huge fan in general and the old x-files is still the best show ever IMHO, but this season is not delivering this far the way they used to. Hopefully tonight’s “doppelgänger” episode will improve it.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Okay that one was decent. Started out meh, but I ended up liking it quite a bit. I like Mulder and Scully as a couple it’s fun. I still don’t know for the life of me though how she can be skeptical of ANYTHING at this point. To write it in that she is trying to rationalize what’s going on is futile and has been for several seasons. She has seen so much, including aliens, how could she doubt Mulder at all. Hell she should have been fully on board by season 3. Anyway I think we may be back on track so hopefully the season will continue to get better. Next week’s preview looks pretty kooky though we will see. Some of my favorite ones from the past are the more lighthearted funnier ones though.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I understand that there are only six episodes this season and no future seasons, correct? If that is in fact correct, I wonder how they will tie it all in to conclude things. Especially with William the son.

Regards, Will G.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A stand alone episode, that's good.

Still, they can't help themselves and throw some irrelevant dooky on the wall --

"The world is falling apart, Scully. The President is trying to take down the FBI".

Uhhh....

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
A stand alone episode, that's good.

Still, they can't help themselves and throw some irrelevant dooky on the wall --

"The world is falling apart, Scully. The President is trying to take down the FBI".

Uhhh....

Yea, I caught that myself..

Regards, Will G.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I believe this season is 10 episodes.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Tonight’s was pretty good actually. Darin Morgan has always directed some of the best lighter hearted funny ones over the years. Last season his was my favorite and this one didn’t disappoint either. This season is turning around some thankfully.