SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A time capsule of Comedy. Project Binky
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A time capsule of Comedy. Project Binky Login/Join 
posted
Their first episode started on August 17'th 2013.

Taking a turbo engine out of a celica gt4, and trying to cram it into a Mini cooper, with aircon, electric windows, etc.

29 episodes and 6 years later we are here.

If you a car guy, and like some good fun, the show is well worth watching.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Best car show ever.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I enjoy watching car rebuilds. I hadn't seen this one. Thanks for posting.
Guess what I'll be watching for the next few weeks.
Toyota SLEEKuh Smile

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Best car show ever.

It is pretty good.

I was turned onto it last year. It is a great show.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I try to get people to watch it, but they're mostly people who are into Tv car shows, where they work magic during the commercial breaks. They seem bit puzzled when I tell them this is a real car building show where you can watch a guy take eight hours making a wiper motor bracket (or whatever it was). Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or spend a weekend making a tunnel, mounting it. To find out 7 episodes later that tunnel needs 23 cut outs to fit the seats, cpu, and wiring.

Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
They are an amazing pair.

They can do it all.

I hope to be like them, when I grow up.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Quite a journey, I didn't know about them before. I am on episode 17 now. I am envious of their abilities/tools. Their turning of ideas into very well fabricated realities is incredible. Plus, they are a hoot to watch. Thanks for posting!

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
The number of modifications they've made to the wiring loom and the number of times they've completely installed it and then removed and then installed it again to check function or add additional components is amazing to me.

It takes real patience and fortitude to endure such an onerous task.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Well, there went my weekend... Wink

I'm all caught up, and eagerly await the completion of this project, in another year or two.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
FYI to whom it may concern: episode 30 is out.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I almost don't want to watch. Like dragging out the last 20 pages of a good book for weeks because you don't want it to end.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
The guy with the glasses looks almost exactly like my best friend from Jr. High on.

They have a few other vids too. Have you seen the bus? Also in episode 30, they seem to be more than hinting at a collaboration in the offing. I'm guessing with another set of fabricators. I'm also guessing here, but it sounded an awful lot like they're from the U.S. of A.

But you're right, it is highly addictive. 'In Color!'

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Once again: THE BEST CAR SHOW EVER.

I love this answer to why it takes so long at 1:53:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/0C1z1MtHAU4?t=113

Also, if you haven't watched the Howie Did it videos, you should. Its a deep dive into the machining of several complicated engine accessory components for Project Binky.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, the show hooked me as soon as it started with the Police Squad references.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Project Binky. I've been watching it since pretty much the beginning.

I love their CAD.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
NSFW

posted Hide Post
Episode 31 is up.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing like adding a little Safe-T to your mini!