SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A time capsule of Comedy. Project Binky
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A time capsule of Comedy. Project Binky Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
little Safe_T

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
international bracketry competition.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Episode 32 coming this weekend!

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching it now. It continues to amazeme the level of care these to put into their build. Which is essentially a jerry-rigged car, micky moused together with bolts, and AL u Min Ie Um

posted Hide Post
I disagree, there is nothing jerry-rigged or mickey moused together on this build. This is all very very well thought out and executed.

I'd love to see a timeline of build decisions made (like knowing to machine the crank pulley to accept the timing wheel way back when God's dog was a pup).

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
I disagree, there is nothing jerry-rigged or mickey moused together on this build. This is all very very well thought out and executed.

I'd love to see a timeline of build decisions made (like knowing to machine the crank pulley to accept the timing wheel way back when God's dog was a pup).

The way I look at it if you are buying parts then have to make a bracket to mount a bracket to make the part work that is Jerry-rigging. I am not dogging on their work at all. They have laid out this build amazingly well. I don't see how you can say shoehorning a gts4 into a mini isn't mickey mousing and jerry-rigging. In my book, they went professional level mickey mousing. I have seen some pretty stupid pro builds. I have yet to see anything on this that makes me scratch my head.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
These guys are incredibly gifted if you ask me and fun to watch.

Bloody fooking talented innit?

Best recurring quote: 'It's only money.'

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:

The way I look at it if you are buying parts then have to make a bracket to mount a bracket to make the part work that is Jerry-rigging. I am not dogging on their work at all. They have laid out this build amazingly well. I don't see how you can say shoehorning a gts4 into a mini isn't mickey mousing and jerry-rigging. In my book, they went professional level mickey mousing. I have seen some pretty stupid pro builds. I have yet to see anything on this that makes me scratch my head.

Gotcha - I've always thought of jerry-rigging as a fast and dirty way to get things working (It may work, but it probably won't last and you damn sure don't want to be showing it off). Example: in my mind if they had mounted the power steering pump with zip ties, that would be jerry-rigging.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've always thought of jerry-rigging as a fast and dirty way to get things working (It may work, but it probably won't last and you damn sure don't want to be showing it off). Example: in my mind if they had mounted the power steering pump with zip ties, that would be jerry-rigging.

That's an entirely different kind of rigging, altogether. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an FYI, the guys have paused Binky for awhile to produce weekly episodes about a build of a $1k race car: Bargain Racement. First episode went up on 9/20, next due on 9/27.

Looks like they'll be back on Binky sometime in late October.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Still no new episodes after 32.

I just re-watched #32.

I need an OCD fix.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Episode 33 has dropped.
Project Binky

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I had heard about this, but never gave it a watch, guess I know what I'll be doing instead of starting a new show.

Another good one, though he works on many projects at once, is Casey Putsch. He's working on a coachbuilt V12 supercar, based on a Boxster platform with a manual BMW V12 from a 90s 7-series.

He runs an engineering internship nonprofit as well & they're working on a Lykan Hypersport, using the body from the Fast & Furious stadium show. Again, based on a Boxster platform, but heavily modified.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just clicked play on Episode 1
Down the rabbit hole I go, see you guys in a few days.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Cool
9 episodes in.
Lots of clever engineering & some good laughs.
Their 'CAD' work is amusing & works really well.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
And now 25 episodes in, can't imagine having wait through these time gaps between episodes.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That's one heck of a paint job, but I couldn't help feeling Derek Bieri's shiny stuff makes me nervous sentiment just looking at it. lol

Hard to imagine they only have 366k subscribers. I suppose they don't appeal to todays short attention span, instant gratifications crowd.

(Yet people who put out multiple videos a week have several million subs. Why? You know there's going to be new stuff every couple days, there's no reason to. Shows like this, that may have 3-4 videos a year tops are the very one's to subscribe to and sign up for notifications, so you'll when the new one's are out.)

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
That's another fine rabbit hole you've tossed me down, Ollie!

I'd like to have about one tenth of their skill. Not to mention resources and toy...uh...tools.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Frown
Bummer, all caught up now.
Will have to check out some of their other non-Binky episodes. Hopefully they have shorter gaps between releases, going forward.

But, that paint job is fantastic Eek

posted Hide Post
Episode 34 is up on youtube.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post