SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    American Greed- the movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Greed- the movie Login/Join 
posted
I saw this last weekend. It was a very good movie. Lots of plane scenes, shooting scenes and full of action.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
That is one movie this year which I am interested.

I really like the preview where he's told to land immediately so he noses the plane down and lands on the first available street.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They spent a lot of money on the plane scenes and they are very very good. It's well worth the money to see it in the theater, you will love it. I'm no Tom Cruise fan, but he's good in this.....lot's of action.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I saw it too but it’s named American Made not American Greed. If you guys are interested in this look up The Boys on the Tracks. A story of two teenage boys killed in Arkansas after stumbling upon one of these drug drops. It’s a crazy story. Everyone from the police to the DA to Bill Clinton were complicit in their murder. There’s a four part podcast series that goes through the story in detail. The Podcast is True Crime Garage.

http://swordandscale.com/the-boys-on-the-tracks/

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I saw it too but it’s named American Made not American Greed. If you guys are interested in this look up The Boys on the Tracks. A story of two teenage boys killed in Arkansas after stumbling upon one of these drug drops. It’s a crazy story. Everyone from the police to the DA to Bill Clinton were complicit in their murder. There’s a four part podcast series that goes through the story in detail. The Podcast is True Crime Garage.

Interesting though kind of hard to read with sentences like these (emphasis mine) :

quote:
Shroyer pulled the emergency break, but it was already too late. The crew was met with a mighty thud as the breaks screeched and ground to a halt.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Interesting though kind of hard to read with sentences like these (emphasis mine) :

quote:
Shroyer pulled the emergency break, but it was already too late. The crew was met with a mighty thud as the breaks screeched and ground to a halt.

Theres a book written about it by an investigative journalist. That blog post was the first thing I found.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post