SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    was this scene in The Outlaw Josey Wales?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

was this scene in The Outlaw Josey Wales? Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
Clint came upon a scene where the mother was tending to her dead family, from an indian attack, who are lying there and she's talking to them and dressing them, and iirc Clint helps bury them then leaves them all there and moves on. I'm pretty sure it was a Clint Eastwood western, but am not certain it was Josey Wales.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Robert Redford in "Mountain Man"

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Not Josey Wales. You may mean "Jeremiah Johnson". When he comes upon the cabin in the hills.

A jaded veteran of the Mexican War (1846–48), Jeremiah Johnson (Robert Redford) seeks solace and refuge in the West. He aims to take up the life of a mountain man, supporting himself in the Rocky Mountains as a trapper. His first winter in the mountain country is a difficult one;

In his travels, he comes across a small cabin whose inhabitants were apparently attacked by Blackfoot warriors, leaving only a woman and her uncommunicative son as survivors. The woman, maddened by grief, forces Johnson to adopt her son.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Not Josey Wales. You may mean "Jeremiah Johnson". When he comes upon the cabin in the hills.

A jaded veteran of the Mexican War (1846–48), Jeremiah Johnson (Robert Redford) seeks solace and refuge in the West. He aims to take up the life of a mountain man, supporting himself in the Rocky Mountains as a trapper. His first winter in the mountain country is a difficult one;

In his travels, he comes across a small cabin whose inhabitants were apparently attacked by Blackfoot warriors, leaving only a woman and her uncommunicative son as survivors. The woman, maddened by grief, forces Johnson to adopt her son.
That's it - thanks.

I was watching this yt video - Heifetz Master Class, and the lady looks like the crazy woman in those scenes (Allyn Ann McLerie).

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Wow.

This looks like a great movie! Neither Netflix or Amazon carry it, but it is available to rent on iTunes for $2.99. Will give me something to watch tonight while I have the finals of American Ninja Warrior on in the background.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Jeez, Ronin, you've never seen Jeremiah Johnson?!? You better remedy that pretty pronto

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Jeez, Ronin, you've never seen Jeremiah Johnson?!? You better remedy that pretty pronto

I know I know! Just rented it, will watch tonight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I know I know! Just rented it, will watch tonight.
Let us know how you liked it. One of my favorites when I still watched tv.

posted Hide Post
It is one of my favorites...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow!!!!! This movie is a classic. I thought everyone had seen this. But then again I grew up looking at Dixie Gun Works catalogs and live a little over an hour north of Friendship, IN. Home of the National Muzzleloaders Rifle Ass. spring and fall national matches.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Didn't bury the stones deep enough. Saw it right off! Or something like that. What a great movie. So many good extras in it too.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3861 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Jeremiah Johnson is a fine movie. Maybe not as good as Josey Wales, but it doesn't miss it by much.

Will Geer is great in it as the old trapper.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Don't get me wrong, I loves the wimin's, I surely do. But I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the all mighty ever put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it."

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you skin bear pligram, I'll be right back !

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Classic!

Let us know what you thought of it.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
The producers wanted to find a good American to play Jeremiah Johnson - but they settled for Robert Redford. Big Grin

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You've come far pilgrim...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin!" ( Fletcher in The Outlaw Josie Wales)

Posts: 644 | Location: Wisconsin,USA | Registered: September 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
feels like far

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Skin that pilgrim, and I'll get you another!

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post