SIGforum
was this scene in The Outlaw Josey Wales?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4290088924

September 04, 2017, 09:52 AM
f2
was this scene in The Outlaw Josey Wales?
Clint came upon a scene where the mother was tending to her dead family, from an indian attack, who are lying there and she's talking to them and dressing them, and iirc Clint helps bury them then leaves them all there and moves on. I'm pretty sure it was a Clint Eastwood western, but am not certain it was Josey Wales.
September 04, 2017, 09:57 AM
George43
Robert Redford in "Mountain Man"

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.
September 04, 2017, 10:16 AM
2012BOSS302
Not Josey Wales. You may mean "Jeremiah Johnson". When he comes upon the cabin in the hills.

A jaded veteran of the Mexican War (1846–48), Jeremiah Johnson (Robert Redford) seeks solace and refuge in the West. He aims to take up the life of a mountain man, supporting himself in the Rocky Mountains as a trapper. His first winter in the mountain country is a difficult one;

In his travels, he comes across a small cabin whose inhabitants were apparently attacked by Blackfoot warriors, leaving only a woman and her uncommunicative son as survivors. The woman, maddened by grief, forces Johnson to adopt her son.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
September 04, 2017, 10:18 AM
f2
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Not Josey Wales. You may mean "Jeremiah Johnson". When he comes upon the cabin in the hills.

A jaded veteran of the Mexican War (1846–48), Jeremiah Johnson (Robert Redford) seeks solace and refuge in the West. He aims to take up the life of a mountain man, supporting himself in the Rocky Mountains as a trapper. His first winter in the mountain country is a difficult one;

In his travels, he comes across a small cabin whose inhabitants were apparently attacked by Blackfoot warriors, leaving only a woman and her uncommunicative son as survivors. The woman, maddened by grief, forces Johnson to adopt her son.
That's it - thanks.

I was watching this yt video - Heifetz Master Class, and the lady looks like the crazy woman in those scenes (Allyn Ann McLerie).
September 04, 2017, 11:45 AM
cas

September 04, 2017, 02:24 PM
Ronin1069
Wow.

This looks like a great movie! Neither Netflix or Amazon carry it, but it is available to rent on iTunes for $2.99. Will give me something to watch tonight while I have the finals of American Ninja Warrior on in the background.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
September 04, 2017, 02:41 PM
TMats
Jeez, Ronin, you've never seen Jeremiah Johnson?!? You better remedy that pretty pronto

September 04, 2017, 03:29 PM
Ronin1069
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Jeez, Ronin, you've never seen Jeremiah Johnson?!? You better remedy that pretty pronto

I know I know! Just rented it, will watch tonight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
September 04, 2017, 06:32 PM
f2
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I know I know! Just rented it, will watch tonight.
Let us know how you liked it. One of my favorites when I still watched tv.
September 04, 2017, 07:04 PM
Strambo
It is one of my favorites...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
September 05, 2017, 08:53 AM
phil in indy
Holy Cow!!!!! This movie is a classic. I thought everyone had seen this. But then again I grew up looking at Dixie Gun Works catalogs and live a little over an hour north of Friendship, IN. Home of the National Muzzleloaders Rifle Ass. spring and fall national matches.
September 06, 2017, 07:47 PM
Captain Morgan
Didn't bury the stones deep enough. Saw it right off! Or something like that. What a great movie. So many good extras in it too.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin
September 07, 2017, 04:18 PM
jhe888
Jeremiah Johnson is a fine movie. Maybe not as good as Josey Wales, but it doesn't miss it by much.

Will Geer is great in it as the old trapper.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
September 07, 2017, 04:26 PM
cas
"Don't get me wrong, I loves the wimin's, I surely do. But I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the all mighty ever put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it."

September 09, 2017, 01:28 AM
swani
Can you skin bear pligram, I'll be right back !

Guns-I have some
September 09, 2017, 12:34 PM
rekstrom
Classic!

Let us know what you thought of it.
September 12, 2017, 11:16 PM
scot818
The producers wanted to find a good American to play Jeremiah Johnson - but they settled for Robert Redford. Big Grin
September 14, 2017, 04:56 PM
firemancjack
You've come far pilgrim...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin!" ( Fletcher in The Outlaw Josie Wales)
September 15, 2017, 05:19 PM
cas
feels like far
September 15, 2017, 07:27 PM
Floyd D. Barber
Skin that pilgrim, and I'll get you another!

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member